Return To The Silver Patch - GPX On Fire

On 3/14/2021 at 6:50 PM, Dances With Doves said:

I have a beach in  Rochester  where i used the Infinium to go for   silver coins on the west   end in the   spring because the wind blew some sand away . The best i could do was 4 in a day and under 35 total which is what you did in  only one day.I  Imagine if you used your Gpx here you would be  able to squeeze out more.Here you can find  Barbers because sometimes the clean up guy would  dig  up sand and put  them near the  surface.There is a  lot of sand here and  I have never found a silver coin in the water. I love that you are cleaning up with a gold machine on silver coins. I really   did  enjoy  using my PI to go for silver on the    dry sand.I would like to see your final tally for the year.

I would have never found any of this without a pulse machine. I don't hunt during the beach season, so here is the total for about 7ish hunts - 146 silver coins from this beach, including yesterday's hunt I'm getting ready to post. I think my days are numbered for more silver unless I can find another spot on this beach to hunt. It's starting to get harder and harder to find them. 955151573_Silversofar.thumb.JPG.368aacae556ee826a0c3fda639a142dc.JPG

On 3/14/2021 at 8:17 PM, GB_Amateur said:

I heard a rumor Jeff McClendon was seen late this afternoon detecting a Denver park.  We Eastern USA detectorists are counting on you to show him up.

Just keep that guy away from my beach 😄 I don't need anyone vacuuming up my silver.

On 3/14/2021 at 8:36 PM, Tom_in_CA said:

There was multiple beach jetties put in, along southern CA beaches, back in the 1940s & 1950s.   To "trap" sand, in order to stem beach erosion or whatever.    And some put in to protect harbor entrances, etc....    As the sand backs up, and the beaches got wider and wider, this meant that even WHOPPER storm erosion would never reach back to the cliffs again.   And therefore some of the high-dry sand has never seen wet-salt since the 1940s & 50s.

An enterprising So. CA guy that I knew of, figured out that there was SUPER deep silver coins (albeit just whatever was in circulation back in the 1940s/50s), that were beyond the reach of regular machines.   Since the coins tended to sink down till they got to a firmer hard-packed layer, about 1.5 ft. down.   So he took a high-powered GPX nugget machine there (which, as you know, can get a coin to nearly 2 ft. deep), and started getting silver coins & wheaties that way.   Lot of hard work, but he eventually mined 100+ silver coins from these stretches doing this trick.    The reason it was a lot of hard work, is that unfortunately, using a high-powered nugget machine like that, then naturally every single little foil-turd will ALSO "ring the bells of Notre Dame" too,   🤪

We are just getting able to hit the 1.5 foot mark and the results are starting to show. My layers hang right around any ware from 1he mid 40's to the mid 70's, so I get a mix of clad too. When you hit a true 50's and older layer, all the better change is silver - no clad. Must be heaven 🤔

19 hours ago, kac said:

Dry sand you could use one of these and blast it off, maybe use a netting to catch the coins...

http://www.akronturbinegroup.com/

Some great ideas, Love the jet dryer and snow blower idea. But sadly, I am a working man and not a man of leisure, so I am destined to use manual labor ☹️

• Like 5