Minelab's Customer Service

Hello,

This past Monday, I sent an email to Minelab customer service stating that my Manticore ML 105 headphones weren't functioning. The headphones wouldn't turn on, nor  would they take a charge.

Within a couple of hours, I had a response from them. This was only six days ago and I already have my NEW headphones paired up with my Manticore.

Keep in mind, I am currently on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska and EVERYTHING takes longer to get to my location by mail. 

I am totally impressed by Minelab's customer service!

On a side note, make sure you check for the latest version of software on your headphones as well as the Manticore. My headphones needed to be updated, however it only took about two minutes.

John

Good to know. I didn't realize that the phones had software. I don't use mine anymore because I prefer the earbuds I found. I wonder if the phones update is related to when you update the detector. I never updated my detector, so I wonder. I better go charge my phones now that I'm thinking about it since I haven't used them in so long.

TampaBayBrad,

Yeah, that's why I put the side note about updating the firmware on the headphones. Most overlook that part of the process. 

One would assume that if you update the Manticore, the headphones would need updated too. I can't say for sure though.

John 

The headphone update provides "wireless audio connection stability improvements"

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

The headphone update provides "wireless audio connection stability improvements"

Thanks Phrunt for the heads up on the "why's" for the headphone update. 

It's tech guys like you that keep people like me in the "know." 🙂

John