Bluetooth Question

Hello all, new here from the Pacific Northwest. I have high frequency hearing loss and was wondering if anyone knows if detectors can sync up with hearing aids. Also, am curious on  recommendations for a good entry level machine for multi-purpose detecting in my part of the country. Thanks. thought I would try this again now that I am retired. Last detected about 30 years ago.

Welcome to the forum CaptainEd, we are glad that you are here.

I am sure that someone will be able to help you with the pairing question as soon as you find a detector.

First off what price range are you looking at for a detector.

From that there are many choices for you, and if you need it to be waterproof let us know.

That helps everyone to zero in on a detector that you will like and be able to use.

• Like 1

Welcome Ed!  Check out this and this and this (note:  hovering cursor over underlined text will show a link, usually).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CaptainEd said:

I am looking at a F19 or Vanquish 540, not sure how either machine works on salt water beaches the Pacific Northwest.

Here is an excellent article from one of the forums here and there are several other that you may be interested in reading also. The 540 is a little brother of the Equinox 600 unit  from Minelab and many people do like and use it.

So here is a link and hope you like it.

• Like 1

Arrrrrr welcome Aboard Cap'n Ed !

Metal detectin' be a good hobby fer an old pirate and his wench.

I oughtta knowwwwwwww !

But I didn't knowwww hearin' aids even HAD bluetooth ?!

So maybe they would connect ?

If there are any metal detectin' clubs near ya , I'm sure someone would help you find out and then find the right detector ...meanwhile tell us more about the where and what of your detecting plans so we can make better suggestions on the model.

(Of the 2 you mentioned I'd go with the 540 , but that's just me. ) Tell us more and we'll try ta zero yer sights on the right one ! Or maybe 2 ? 

• Like 2

Welcome Capt. Ed,

Glad to have you here! 

Take you time, and do your homework for a detector, as there are a few more options lately! And don't overlook the good used market! Just use a reliable source, no matter what you go with! The N/M Legend may be in the mix for what you are looking for! It will be out soon! I would stick with a multi-frequency detector, and possibly waterproof, for the most bang for your buck!!

Good luck, and good hunting!!🍀👍👍

• Like 2