One Ring, Two Ring, Another Good Day

As far as I'm concerned, rings is rings. Old rings have a "cool factor" no matter what. 😀

Great hunt, albeit short. You're killing it as usual! 👍 might do me some "40" hunting. I've seen another on the forum do it with an ORX with similar success. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bob, Sometimes the simple approach is the best. I detect with the KISS theory, and if that fails change is necessary. Experimentation has always ended with really bad results at first but persistence has always paid off. Sadly Myself and Ken are old school and still believe detecting is 99% luck, Skill comes in on the questionable targets. 

AND BY THE WAY YOUR DOING EXTREMELY WELL ALSO!!!!!  GOLD and SILVER are by NO means a way of detecting prowess. I've be doing this a long time and still suck most days and still pick up new tricks from the forum. In my world my friend your a seriously good detector.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dogodog said:

AND BY THE WAY YOUR DOING EXTREMELY WELL ALSO!!!!!  GOLD and SILVER are by NO means a way of detecting prowess. I've be doing this a long time and still suck most days and still pick up new tricks from the forum. In my world my friend your a seriously good detector.

You haven't seen "Detectorists" so I'll spare you the reply 😀 This is your thread but I appreciate the compliment. 🙂

It's hard to measure whether I'm doing well or not except by what others don't find after I've been there, or what's posted here 🤔 

The only other skill I could add is knowing where to look, research and gut feelings have been good to me. If I get a strong feeling I should "go over there", or visit a particular place at a particular time, I don't second guess. You might say it ups my chance of being lucky.

This forum, and people like you and many others help with the skill and inspire me to get out there. Talk is cheap. The most important thing is if you're not swinging a detector you're not finding or learning anything.

• Like 6