Little San Domingo Wash Hunt GPX 6000

It's unfortunate that (some) metal detectorists and (some) archaelogists despise each other, since working together would benefit both.

And I'll go one step farther -- it's not the childish "they started it!", either.  There's an old saying credited to Abe Lincoln but which had its origin prior to him.  Paraphrased: "the best way to get rid of your enemy is to make him your friend."

6 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Today, so many folks dig up a piece of trash and toss it back on the ground.

I think that falls under the category of "privileged".  Some people are so privileged that they don't have to show respect for the property they detect.  Put the trash back, or worse leave it laying on the ground, and worst of all, don't fill the holes back in.  Some people are their own worst enemy, and unfortunately also the worst enemy of those who exercise the proper respect.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/11/2023 at 3:02 AM, Gold Catcher said:

Nice job! That's a lot of trash for the San Domingo placers. It's always fun to hang out with Bill. I did the audio fix and have the Coiltek 9 round mounted on the 6k as my default coil. It is a great coil for tight areas and fairly stable.

Gold Catcher - Any thoughts on the Coiltek 9 round vs the stock coil?  Others have been very positive on lack of y-axis noise with the other two Coilteks, but I don't think I have seen commentary on the 9.

Hi Lynk, the 9 inch coiltek runs smoother than the 11 stock, at least that has been my experience thus far. I also just got the NF 12x7, will make a comparison soon.

GC

• Like 2

Thank you and and I am looking forward to your thoughts.  The majority posts have been about the Coiltek ellipticals, so looking forward to hearing more about the 9 relative to other coils.

On 4/5/2023 at 6:25 PM, Gold Catcher said:

Hi Lynk, the 9 inch coiltek runs smoother than the 11 stock, at least that has been my experience thus far. I also just got the NF 12x7, will make a comparison soon.

GC

Is Chris AZO selling them and are NF’s available in the US now?