I Thought That It Was About Time That I Posted A Few Detecting Finds.

Awesome finds. Love the two piece buckle. Every part of the country has something nice to offer us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those are all very interesting items in nice condition. The second site has some significant age of activity. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Nice finds and I bet it took a lot of time on those hunts.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

The Pocket Watch Or Compact Lid Was Pounded Flat A Then Perforated To Be Worn As A Gorget IMO.

I see some kind of serial number / part number.  IMO that more likely makes it part of a pocket watch case.

Interesting finds.

• Like 1

Great finds Doc, always good to see interesting stuff. 👍

Your toy pistol looks a lot like this one, someone wants a good chunk of change on eBay for it:s-l400(28).jpg.821be1ed504d339d3caea3f025c1f6e3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A lot of great finds. I like the gun. Is it real or a toy?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Great finds Doc, always good to see interesting stuff. 👍

Your toy pistol looks a lot like this one, someone wants a good chunk of change on eBay for it:s-l400(28).jpg.821be1ed504d339d3caea3f025c1f6e3.jpg

Thanks for the info 350.Mine is somewhat different the grip of course and the embossing is very similar it reads PAT JUNE 17 USA.Not sure if it had a front sight as it is damaged and missing a small portion of the barrel.Most likely made by the same manufacturer?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

hanks for the info 350.Mine is somewhat different the grip of course and the embossing is very similar it reads PAT JUNE 17 USA.

F350's image shows two patent dates.  I think one is from 1937 and the other from (June 17) 1890?  Since yours only has the June 17 one it likely is older than what he has shown.  As you've noted there are some differences, likely made for either added utility or to save on manufacturing costs.  Just WAGging here....

Patents can be looked up online if you want to dig that deeply.

• Thanks 1