Welcome To The New Meet & Greet Forum!

Steve Herschbach

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

treat others with decency and respect.

The problem (I've found with other sites) over time is I kept bumping into rules. No mentioning certain brands or dealers for fear of offending sponsoring dealers. That will never happen here as the forum members come first. (emphasis mine)

I started these forums to escape all that and with the goal of attracting like minded people who are also tired of all the nonsense. So the main thing here is very, very simple. With the possible exception of this forum, keep discussions on the particular forum subject matter. Be a decent person and better yet, try to help others. On topic, be good - it really is that simple here.

In other words, use the Golden Rule.  That is why I love this place:  knowledge, excitement, camaraderie, and respect -- all positives. Negative attitudes (i.e. attacking others) isn't welcome.  It's OK, even healthy to disagree if that leads to discussion and learning.  If it's simply about defending turf, ego, and insecurities there are enough places to do that, but this isn't one of them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was pinned
  • 3 weeks later...

Steve, thank you so much for putting this forum together. I hadn't spent any time or posted on any forum for years for all the reasons you talk about. Then I found detector/prospector and fell in love. This is the only forum I go to anymore and I love what you are doing. great job and THANK YOU!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • The topic was locked