Road Houses Of Alaska

This is a cool book I stumbled across years ago while doing some research looking for old places to hunt. You cannot believe how many of these places existed all over the State.  I managed to find a few that weren't to far from me and there are old coins there and a lot of trash, which led me to make a magnetic rake tool that was very helpful....Books are very important in your research and reading the bibliographies in them will lead you to additional material....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

And here is an Amazon link to the book or one like it.

alaskan-roadhouses.jpg

And here is a website I found while looking for the book that has a detailed history of several Alaskan roadhouses.

Thanks George, great subject.

Great find Steve, this is a different book, but just as valuable for sure. One trip to Dawson I combined gold hunting and Roadhouse searching.. Dang history is interesting I really enjoyed reading about those stampeders in the winter when I did all of that research.. There was an old bookstore in Anchorage,  but my favorite research place was an old bookstore in Portland Oregon.. This was called Powells. The first time I was there,  in the Alaska section I found a book I had been looking for, for a long time.. The cost 3.00, bet you can't touch that book now for 100.00.  

• Like 1