I'm surprised Minelab don't own Nugget Finder and Coiltek by now.  Normal business practice for the big guy is to buy out smaller companies producing good complementary products.

That would be in the customers interest too, who owning a GPZ wouldn't like to slap a range of NF or Coiltek coils on it produced by the brands with ownership by Minelab.

There has been very little said on the performance of these new coils for us who hunt in the deserts in and around CA, AZ and NV. I am also very much interested in how the swinging of the SDC has improved with the position of the shaft in the coil’s center. Of course, anyone who would like to add how the 10x5 is working, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 3

Hi all - just letting you know that our new Master class video is now on YouTube. check it out here = 

Wardo - The uptake in the US has been slower than we expected mainly due to release at the end of the season there and some uncertainty around warranty and performance. I can assure you the warranty is not void when installing our coil and parts and the performance of the coils is going well. Any teething issues have been pulled out and the new teeth are sparkly and ready to chew through any ground you want to run them on.

The Shaft design now allows for further extension and the coil doesn't kick up anymore so problems solved there. The 10x5" has great sensitivity and can maneuver around very well across the terrain.

I know you probably don't want to hear from me regarding this as you wish to hear from other users but I couldn't help myself ? Let me know if you have any other questions you would like me to answer!?!?!

Trevor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think what you said in that reply would make people want to hear from you Trevor, you were clearly truthful pointing out the slower than expected uptake and a few teething problems.  That proves honestly which in turn gets respect.   Thanks for the post and video.

• Like 2

Hey Trevor - You have no idea how much I appreciate your response and help. Your thoughts about it being the end of the season in the west totally makes sense. I have no concerns about the warranty as evidenced by the fact that I’ve already removed the 8 inch stock coil. I just need to make the decision on which Gold Extreme to start off with. I may very well contact you for some additional help. Again, many thanks for the response.

Best - Mike W.

• Like 2

No problems at all Wardo!

Shoot me a message either through here or via ctmenquiry@coiltek.com.au.

If I was to make a suggestion it would be the 14x9" size, great coverage, good depth and good sensitivity so if you have the terrain to suit this type of coil then it will be a great option - so far our best seller!

All the best, Trevor

I’m still waiting on some waterproof ones!  Especially a little guy.  My 8” is doing great in the creeks but would like something smaller to poke around more.

• Like 1

Here is Part 3 of Coilteks video series on the new SDC Coils, I liked this part.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

and Part 4 of Coiltek's Masterclass ?

• Like 1

Hey Trev,

Great videos on the new SDC Gold Extreme coils.  Many customers have questions about them, so these new YouTube videos definitely probably address all questions. 

Rob Allison

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By PeterInSa
      My question is not a substitute for the WM08 , what I would like to do its match it with a non ML Transmitter, is anything available?
      Background:
      Wifes 2300 did not come with Bluetooth Headphones like the Nox or a better, the Z's WM12 speaker with Headphone jack. I have set up an ebay Bluetooth Transmitter on the 2300 and a ebay Bluetooth receiver connected to the dealer supplied amplifier carried in her back pack to drive a speaker on her shoulder. The Transmitter and Receiver are the Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR which I understand is faster with less latency that the Bluetooth V4 or V5 but use more power than the V4 or V5 versions, so am not sure whether a charge on these small units will last a day.
      So am wondering if anybody has come across a transmitter than will drive the WMO8 so can use it on the 2300 ( ie with a longer detecting use)
      My Transmitter and receiver is similar to the item below
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-3-5MM-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Stereo-Audio-Music-Adapter-For-TV-Phone-PC-AU/264413046661?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190606144518%26meid%3D633c1a5c76af41c7ad83ca088d9075bc%26pid%3D101072%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D303247817326%26itm%3D264413046661%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2546172&_trksid=p2546172.c101072.m2109
      Peter
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab are excited to release a new enhanced version of the the popular Minelab SDC 2300 metal detector. With availability from mid-June, the new enhanced SDC 2300 will now include re-designed headphones, an armrest protector and a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. A clip-on coil joint protector has been added to the swivel joint for added protection of the coil joint while detecting.
      Minelab SDC 2300 Data & Reviews
      https://www.minersden.com.au/minelab-sdc-2300-metal-detector-v2

Minelab SDC 2300 metal detector
    • By rumblefish
      The place I've been river prospecting recently is only showing me very small flakes of gold (so far). They are so small in fact that even the SDC can't pick them up. Yesterday my Garret Pro Pointer arrived and that also sees nothing when I pass it across the vials. Even some of the quite big flakes that I found a while ago in Scotland.
      So I got to wondering, what is the minimum flake/nugget size that can be detected?
      Could anyone with an SDC (or even a Pro Pointer) post and tell me their results?
      Thank you!
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I am not sure if anyone else is doing this (it appears to be a Coiltek sale but no mention on their website), but Chris at AZO is advertising Coiltek coils for the Minelab SDC 2300 at 20% off for the rest of the month or while supplies last.

20% OFF the following premium Coiltek products:
      • 10x5 Gold Extreme: WAS $295 - NOW $236
      • 11" Gold Extreme: WAS $315 - NOW $252
      • 14x9" Gold Extreme: WAS $315 - NOW $252
      • Gold Extreme SDC Accessory Pack: WAS $67 - NOW $54
      http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/topic/14510-coiltek-isolation-special-new/
      https://www.coiltek.com.au/coils/gold-extreme/

• By oneguy
      First time out with my new SDC and the damn thing shorts out every time I set it down or bump it?  Then it starts it's warm up all over again and I continue to hunt until I gently bump it or set it down again?  Seems to have got better towards end of 4 hr hunt where I only dug about 35 targets (no gold).  It might be the batteries not making good connection but I did have the trap door completely shut.  Anyone else ever have this issue before with the SDC????  Hate to have to send it in...…   
    • By Norvic
      Well, my Son did it and turned up with a SDC in exchange for my 5000 for Easter. Went off to try the SDC, left him with Z to compare with 5000 and new age coils, he was fairly impressed with performance of 5000 with the Elite 14" but in using the Z to compare he is now spoilt and talking Z Z Z Z only. Suspect the 5000 is history, regardless that the new age coils have increased the performance of the 5000, the stability of the Z has swung him.
      The SDC, it is super stable and a small piece magnet, good fun and will complement the Z. It is the small coil gold detector for those pieces around boulders the Z just can`t get at, plus for those shallow pieces that recovering is time consuming for the Z.