Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Minelab Detectors Coming

Jin

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I have never taken advantage of the capability to charge on-the-fly while detecting, so that is another "emergency backup" capabilty I have never had to exercise. 

IMO A larger capacity battery would just permanently add weight to the machine for no practical purpose based on my 2+ years using the machine.  Battery capacity has been a non-issue so far for me.  I know others, though, who have complained about the battery pooping out 8 to 10 hours into a hunt from a full charge.  Regardless, I personally don't see the need to take on the weight penalty or a larger diameter handle to stow it in, already too big for me as it is.

The charge-on-the-fly option from a portable recharger actually solves another issue -- balance.  The charger can be mounted on the underside of the arm-cuff/stand.  So those wanting longer run life at the expense of weight, but with improved balance, already have a solution.

You mention the battery in the handle on the current model, which I suppose ML thought was a good idea.  But for those of us who prefer a handle with smaller girth, it's an unneccessary discomfort.  My 2nd most uncomfortable handle is the one on the ML X-Terra.  Do Australians have extra large hands (e.g. to easily hold a stein of beer)?  ?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Looks like two detectors to me now, the MF5, and the GPX 6000. And with the MF5 already pulling a sneak release, it's really just the GPX 6000 we are waiting on. I sure was hoping for an Equinox 1000 or whatever replaces the CTX 3030, but looks like my Equinox 800 will have to hold out for a while longer.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 12:58 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I sure was hoping for an Equinox 1000 or whatever replaces the CTX 3030, but looks like my Equinox 800 will have to hold out for a while longer.

This 

In my opinion, a new advanced Minelab coin detector ... a class higher than Equinox is already being tested ... but it is possible that Minelab may postpone the introduction of this advanced detector to a later date ...

At the beginning of the new year, perhaps we will know something more specific ..

1 hour ago, EL NINO77 said:

In my opinion, a new advanced Minelab coin detector

What information do you have that helped you form that opinion? Interested...

Certain functions that the new coin detector from Minelab, presented by Mr. Tom Dankowski, could have are based on documentary testing of these functions, as well as possibilities .. and are strongly based on specific physical rules but also technical parameters ... that the detector must have incorporated in detector hardware and software ..

I myself consider such a direction to be highly innovative .. it is a development of a possibility .... which can bring multifrequency ..

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Equinox 800 is a incredible detector, but being a gear nerd I'm hoping Minelab releases a new high end coin machine soon. I personally think the Etrac and CTX are probably still the top notch machines for strictly searching for and identifying silver coins. They are both getting long in the tooth, and are both kind of clunky in their form factor. My guess is their sales have decreased dramatically since the Equinox was released.       

On 1/7/2021 at 5:14 PM, longbow62 said:

I personally think the Etrac and CTX are probably still the top notch machines for strictly searching for and identifying silver coins.  My guess is their sales have decreased dramatically since the Equinox was released.       

That equinox sure seems to be a winner whether it be coins or gold.. a true do-it-all machine?  Being biased towards my Etrac, I have to add that it does very well at id'ing all the other non silver coins usually found in the turf.  Etrac is also a nickel knockin sob!  IMO...the Etrac still holds a top rung in the coin shooting arena....jmo.

• Like 1