Great Forum If Not The Best Metal Detecting Forum

maxxkatt

Steve does a fantastic job with this forum in my opinion. I am members of 3 other popular metal detecting forums. For some reason Steve seems to attract some of the best members that are very helpful and polite.I will not criticize other forums because they are just different, not bad.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I think Steve has done an awesome job on this forum. Always good, experienced advice from the pros.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, but it’s the members that make the place what it is, not me. The main goal on these forums is not volume, but quality. All I do is insist on keeping discussions on topic and respectful. Members attracted by those ground rules in turn produce a higher level of discussion, or so it would appear from results so far. :smile:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Thanks, but it’s the members that make the place what it is, not me.

Steve,

I must disagree with that statement, as if it were not for you this forum could not have grown in such a manner that it has.

Here is where people have come to share their knowledge and experience because of what you have created.

You have shared your experience with every known detector in the world without a minute of hesitation.

You have rallied others to do the same, and in doing so you have surpassed all the other forums in such a short time.

Thank you for your help, your wisdom, your patience with the people who have come her for advice, as I am just one of those people you have helped.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think it is both. Steve started and maintains the forum with his vision, and that vision has attracted the class of people that frequent DetectorProspector.  I'm completely new to detecting, but am not new to forums, and I can honestly say this is one of the most friendly and informative groups I have had the pleasure of participating in.  My learning curve would be MUCH steeper without the information provided here.

Much thanks to Steve and ALL the contributors for setting this newbie on the right path!

• Like 3