First Nox Gold

Very nice Norm, congratulations. Yes, I loved my CTX, but did not take me long using the Equinox and it went away. Honestly the CTX is a really great detector, and there are some stuff it might find and Equinox would miss. But I think there is even more a CTX will miss and an Equinox find on balance in our ground. Still, a bit of a wash perhaps. It just kind of boiled down to the weight of the machine at the end of the day and the fact that the Equinox is no question a better prospecting detector than the CTX.

But with rings like that, who needs gold nuggets! :smile:

• Like 5

A very nice find and very well done,i have swung a CTX but never owned one myself,struggling with the weight of a Equinox so not a chance in hell of swing a CTX on a all day session.Still not found any gold of any sort with the Equinox as yet,of course our gold here in the UK would also for the most part come in coinage or jewellery,have found other gold coins infact a reasonable amount over the years but these have all been with other brands of detectors mainly the T2 and DFX.

Once again well done on finding the ring.

• Like 2

I have spent many long days swinging the GPZ and even with the 19 inch coil, but properly fitted with a "Hip Stick"  bungee and swing arm. After doing that for a couple of years, the CTX seemed like a featherweight except with the large coil. I like the balance of the CTX and I have used it a few times since getting the NOX and still like it. I tried a friends NOX before buying one and I thought it felt nose heavy. My NOX has the carbon fiber shaft with a counterbalance and I am really liking the feel of it. 

Norm 

• Like 2

Nice heavy gold!   I'd still be carrying that around in my pocket and grinning about it.   

HH
Mike

• Like 2