Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Somebody Out There's Going To Be Happy Today :-)

If the above comments are accurate, It is a situation in which I am not pleased at the way Fisher has utilized the marketing information I sent them.

I sent the President of FTP a strong email protesting their pestering “declined” customers with emails etc. Imagine my embarrassment when I found the cause of the mess....

I just figured out what the hell happened.

MY BAD.

I kept a neat list, all you prospective and committed customers, plus a list of those who had been on the list and declined later, plus all the buyers

All neat on my iPad in “Numbers” the iOS spreadsheet.

I just looked at what Fisher actually got. My spreadsheet converted to an incomprehensible list of Excel spreadsheets with all the data scrambled.

MY apologies to anyone who has been inconvenienced.

I will also have to apologize to the President of First Texas who I just sent a stiff email to!!!!!

I do wish however that they had sent me an explanation of what they intended to do going forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick Kempf said:

Sorry if some of you think I am to blame for the odd email you get from Fisher - my advice is to disregard it if it is unwelcome

Rick - that's the point...you're not to blame.  I had no issue with how you ran the list and willingly gave you my contact info.   I also don't personally care that they reached out the first time to solicit a purchase though I had asked previously to be taken off.  It's when I responded to that text with a polite thanks but no thanks and then got no acknowledgement, then get a separate email soliciting again that I wonder what the hell is going on at FT.  Seems they are more interested in making a sale than worrying about customer relations.

I'm here telling you you whats going on that you may not be aware of and how it can be all twisted around and blown back on you if other folks that are not as ecstatic as Joe and Carolina about their recent AQ Limited Edition experience get peeved about the repeated solicitations.  That's all.  You did the right thing alerting them, now hopefully they'll pay closer attention to just who they are targeting with their aggressive sales tactics for these left over prototype detectors.

PS Rick - saw your updated post.  That explains the FT solicitations to previous purchasers and those who later asked to be removed.  Still an aggressive solicitation campaign that they should have mentioned to you as a courtesy.  Don't let them off the hook too easily.  :wink: 

• Like 1

Well my situation and experience says that 'I got a lemon.'  That happens.  I wasn't the only one.  I'm glad for those that didn't get one with major problems.  I'm also glad that the detectors work as planned.  It sounds like others had a communication channel to Fisher that certainly worked better than mine.  I didn't have any of those people call me as a courtesy call explaining the problems they found and keeping me in the loop.  I did communicate and post here with some other AQ owners during the repair silence.  I was just a customer service drop.  Chase assessed the situation correctly.

Here's my view... I have an AQ also. It has been in for repair and returned to me. I received the email from FT offering me another. At first I thought it was some kind of spam. Then I figured maybe that was FT's way of notifying me that another AQ, or battery, or 8 inch coil was now available. I thought nothing more of it and didn't respond back to them. As long as they don't notify me about my car warranty, I'm not bothered at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was on the list for months before I eventually withdrew and I haven't gotten a single solicitation from FT.

well ! Looks like the craze about this detector has died down. finally when we see the ratio of problem compared to the small number on the market, fortunately they did not send it to europe because by adding the additional delays of the trip of the broken machine, it would have suffered a lot of complaints and bad advertisements.

• Like 2

No emails here. I guess I was dropped of the list.

I did get an e-mail from Fisher even though I declined an offer to buy one through Rick a while back. I actually felt a little bad that I changed my mind because I was so anxious to get one at first. However, I think it was a good decision for me based on the reviews of many here. I'm sure that I could have put in the time and effort to make the machine do what I needed it to do but I would rather wait for a more user friendly, reliable version.

The e-mail doesn't bother me a bit. To me it means that First Texas knows or will know that interest in the AQ is waning. Perhaps this will result in a more favorable price on the next model. And thank you Rick for all the work that you have put into this roll-out.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Mikeguard01 said:

No emails here. I guess I was dropped of the list.

They may only have a few available and went by the previous list. Your number may still be called. But e mailing them may be a better option. If you are still interested, let them know it.

• Like 4