Memorial Weekend Contest, Win A Minelab GPX 6000 Dream

Memorial Weekend Contest, win a Minelab GPX-6000 in your dreams. 

Ok, Detector Prospector fans.  Most of us have been patiently waiting, some – not so patient.  A few of us have even sold/traded our old detector to be ready for the release of the biggest dream of 2021.  Here’s your chance to win that dream.   BUT WAIT…. There’s more.   This is not a dream for just you.  That’s right, Gerry has stepped up the prize to the ultimate, most rewarding gift of all.  Folks, I’m allowing you and your favorite detecting buddy (that’s what I said, - TWO of you!!!) to experience this dream TOGETHER.

Here’s why I have went all out on this very special occasion, and by god it is special.  In my 20+ yrs of selling Minelab detectors….I have never lost so much sleep, never tossed/turned/sweated and dreamed to the point where I almost pissed me-self.  Heck even my Shepperd kicked me out of my own bed.. he did so.  Folks, these dreams are real, their genuine and it hurts.  Heck, I was just in the VA clinic last week and they scanned my brain for cause.  You know it’s bad, when they tell you to come back next week for more treatment. I overheard one of the assistants and I could swear, they mentioned “Gold Fever”.  Oh shit, it can’t be, I kept telling myself.  Those flashbacks about took me life times prior.  After all, the release of the SD-2100 in the early 90’s, then the big one of the GP-Extreme late 2000, or the popular series GPX in 2006 .  Those were pretty bad on me, but that last one, the trickle and tease of the GPZ-7000 almost did me in and this go around, I’m not sure 50/50 I was told?  Wife thinks I should double my life insurance, but I told her “it’s an existing condition”.  

Active posting DP members and just reading gawkers – Here’s the dang truth of it all.  We survived.  That’s right we did.  Each of us had our own issues and some of us are still wearing those Gold Fever Dreamin scars, but we are breathing, walking, talking.  And most importantly, we are dreaming.  Heck those many scars I carry, at this point, it’s almost a Gold Detectorists Honor to show them off.  But some of us do and we do it with PRIDE.

Here is where I’d like everyone’s help.  The numerous calls, texts, emails to me, my Field Staff, even my dedicated Minelab detector dealer friends, has to stop, if it’s about the GPX-6000.  We know, we’ve heard and we’ve read.  Bottom line is we want them just as bad as you folks.  Heck, I even had to take the customers who were scheduled for training on the April Rye Patch, NV session and move them to the June class.  Guess what, it’s almost June and so I’ll probably be moving them to the Fall class (which I just added another class to try and help get customers up to speed).  Yes it’s a mess and yes the Covid Gold Fever is real, but us dealers can’t do anything until we get detectors. OK,  Enough of the fun and laughs….but you can add some.. he he.

In the meantime.  I’d like to see you folks get out and celebrate this fine extended Memorial weekend and hopefully use your detectors.  I do want to reward those who have read this far down.  I (Gerry’s Detectors of Boise, Idaho) am really running a contest for all of you in the United States (sorry to my friends from other countries).  I’m asking of US participants to post each day (starting today and posting to this thread), a picture you took this holiday weekend of Memorial Weekend theme with detector in the picture, examples are you family picnic and a detector in the picture, a Veteran memorial with detector, your front yard with American flag and detector in the picture, or you out detecting and camping this fine weekend…and with detector, you get the idea by now. Each day you can post 1 pic and your name will get put in a bucket for each day’s picture.  BONUS - picture of “your gold find” with a metal detector.  Now, before some of you get crazy with the term “gold find”, I’m talking Au gold, not a piece of gold foil, not a gold colored doodad, but real gold..a coin, a piece of gold jewelry and most certainly a gold nugget, picker or specimen that was found with your metal detector this Memorial Weekend starting today and ending Tuesday, June 1st at 5 PM MST zone.  Reason I am going until Tuesday, is many of us will be in the hills and not returning until Tuesday. The BONUS gold picture gets your name in the bucket 2 times per day, max of 10, for those who are fortunate enough to find and post a gold find pic each day.

Please don’t beat me as I am trying to have fun for most everyone.  Rundown of the rules.  1 picture a day can be posted per DP member.  So in reality, you could post a pic of this weekends events each day and end up with 5 entries, but you can only post 1 pic a day.  Sometime next week I’ll count the pics and enter your name per amount of posted pics and of Memorial = 1 or Gold = 2, per day (remember 1 post a day no more than total of 5) with the last one by Tuesday, June 1st 5PM MST. I will take a tally and draw (no there will not be some big video show) a name.  The winner will get a new Minelab Gold Monster 1000 metal detector courtesy of Gerry’s Detectors.

No it’s not a GPX-6000, but it’s a real gold detector.

Detector Prospector is the #1 metal detector forum in my opinion and I enjoy reading, learning, sharing pics, seeing gold finds. 

Go out, get some, spend time with family/friends or alone the way you may and be safe this Memorial Weekend.  Don’t forget to think of the reason for this special weekend and the real meaning behind it.  As a family of US military myself, I thank you all who have sacrificed for our freedoms and dreams AND SO IS THIS CONTEST – for a Gold Monster 1000 and the chance to dream with your detecting buddy about the GPX-6000.

Again, a Memorial Themed pic with detector is 1 name in the bucket that day and a pic of your gold find is a BONUS which puts your name in the bucket 2X per that day.

Thanks folks for helping calm the storm of GPX-6000 Gold Fever, as I know it’s real.  But the reality is we all need to relax a little and enjoy this weekend...hopefully with detector in hand and surrounded by family/friends, laughter and making memories.

PS,  I'll probably shut the computer down later today, so chat with you all next week.

Memorial.jpg

• The title was changed to Memorial Weekend Contest, Win A Minelab GPX 6000 Dream

Righto just because I`m downunder I can`t enter the comp, but I`d like to post in this thread and join the fun, if I may. This photo is an oz of that lovely 6000 stuff organized in a Memorial significant number, now whilst today that number has been adopted by another international "forum" as a sign off, this number came from early war time. (no its not the number of nuggets as there is actually 83) No more clues, let your keyboard direct you to the Memorial significance of this number.

DP2.thumb.jpg.6b47c5f9c2458bc473aed89c0458546e.jpg