Swifty

Minelab is a publicly traded company - you can read the financials at any time. Short story is sales and profits skyrocketed due to worldwide gold rush. Then collapsed when rush subsided. Reading the latest report the situation appears to have stabilized and numbers up a tad recently. I don't think Minelab is going away any time soon.

Id hate to be a dealer sitting on stock that I purchased at the old dealer price of $7200 and now faced with selling them at $7999 then add any discount, (who pays full retail?) like the 15% military  = $6799.15 Talk about gutting margins.......

Yes lets home their media report is right and I`m wrong, although more telling is their share price movement, we need ML. Certainly wouldn`t be comfy being a ML dealer with the current rush of discounts.

Over here in OZ our new price for the 7000 is officially $9499.00. I have been told that the people who paid the higher price will receive a cheaper buy price of the new coil when it comes out soon to keep them happy. Therefore the people buying at the lower price will pay full price to keep everyone on a level playing field.

Ozgold