White’s TDI Battery Modifications

7 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

I like the Sadie, but don't find it much more sensitive than the 7 1/2" DF. Both are very good on the SL, especially with the 16v battery. I also recently bought a 5 x10 Razorback, but have yet to try it. Idaho, and the surrounding states, are really great. I feel fortunate to have spent my adult life here. Wouldn't trade it for any place else on earth.

Jim

Jim,that 5x10 coil you recently bought is it a folded mono ?? i have had one for a few years but never used it as yet,but out detecting on a roman trading villa site tomorrow that has horrendous black sand,so my way of thinking is using the TDI with the 5x10 coil on this site.....most folks can only use multi freq machines like say the Nox etc,but will take mine but will also give the TDI a trip out for a change as well and will probably use it for most of the day....will update you on how it goes...the site is a about as difficult a site to detect but the roman coinage and artefact are prolific if you can cut through the black sandy conditions.

4 hours ago, RickUK said:

Jim,that 5x10 coil you recently bought is it a folded mono ?? i have had one for a few years but never used it as yet,but out detecting on a roman trading villa site tomorrow that has horrendous black sand,so my way of thinking is using the TDI with the 5x10 coil on this site.....most folks can only use multi freq machines like say the Nox etc,but will take mine but will also give the TDI a trip out for a change as well and will probably use it for most of the day....will update you on how it goes...the site is a about as difficult a site to detect but the roman coinage and artefact are prolific if you can cut through the black sandy conditions.

Ya know, Rick, I honestly have no idea. It doesn't say on the label, and I haven't tested it, so I have no way to know. It says ML Professional series, so makes me think it was made for the GPX Series. I'm buried in projects and prospecting, so probably won't be doing any testing for awhile. I'm looking forward to your report on how it does on that mineralized ground. Best of luck!

Jim