** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

7 minutes ago, Bedrocker said:

So...Vern was an idiot.

He didn't think so. 

I wouldn't go so far as to say Vern was an idiot. His problem evidently is that he heard from some 'expert' saying that the sluice is always at 15%. What he didn't realize maybe because of his apparent youth and lack of experience compared to Jacob that life in any situation is dependent on the situation. Sometimes you feel like a nut other times you don't! Little play on a Hershey bar. Just reset the sluice and test the results. And be sure to run as much of the old tailings as possible back through the sluice ... even if you have to do it a shovel full at a time. Now get back to work you two and quit your bickering or I'll give you something to bicker about! (That's my father coming out in me! LOL)

2 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say Vern was an idiot. His problem evidently is that he heard from some 'expert' saying that the sluice is always at 15%. What he didn't realize maybe because of his apparent youth and lack of experience compared to Jacob that life in any situation is dependent on the situation. Sometimes you feel like a nut other times you don't! Little play on a Hershey bar. Just reset the sluice and test the results. And be sure to run as much of the old tailings as possible back through the sluice ... even if you have to do it a shovel full at a time. Now get back to work you two and quit your bickering or I'll give you something to bicker about! (That's my father coming out in me! LOL)

Well I agree with you.

Whether or not Vern is a idiot depends on how willing he is to back off and stifle himself and try it Jacob's way. The lost gold in the two pans should have been enough to convince him.

God only knows how much gold Vern is responsible for losing out the end of the sluice.

Well maybe they re-ran the tailings and got it all back. We'll see!

July 2   2002     Part Three

Vern ignored Jacob and kept running his mouth, ignoring the fact that Jacob was now on his feet and standing directly in front of the chair that Vern was sitting in. Vern said it was stupid to think you could set a sluice at 8% and catch gold. The word stupid was ill advised and downright dangerous. Vern didn’t seem to think anything of it and kept on going full throttle towards the brick wall standing before him. Without saying a word, Jacob kicked Vern square in the chest with a mighty thump. The chair and Vern went over backwards and Vern was laying on his back trying to get his breath back. Jacob sat back down as if nothing had happened. I calmly said that we should refrain from arguing and discuss the problem at hand. 

Vern’s beer had spilled all over his shirt and face. I told him he didn’t need to be talking to Jacob or anyone else like that. He looked a little sheepish as he got to his feet and reclaimed his chair. He apologized to Jacob and said he hadn’t meant it the way it came out of his mouth. Jacob told him he had beaten men into the dirt for far less than what he’d said. Vern said he was sorry once again and Jacob let out a laugh. He called Vern a young gun that was too full of himself and he needed a good ass kicking. With that we got back to our meeting.

TO BE CONTINUED ................

I'll never forget the day I met Jacob and we shook hands. He looked me straight in the face with his steely blue eyes and he had a vice grip for a hand. That's a fact.  

19 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

I'll never forget the day I met Jacob and we shook hands. He looked me straight in the face with his steely blue eyes and he had a vice grip for a hand. That's a fact.  

Too bad you don't have some video of Jacob and you guys on the claim. Or do you?

10 minutes ago, Bedrocker said:

Too bad you don't have some video of Jacob and you guys on the claim. Or do you?

Nope.