One thing I ponder is why is the trend going to a straight shaft. Now I understand that some like it but I see a lot of post where that seems to be a big comfort issue, me included. I sold my eq because I could only swing it for so long before it gave me arm problems. 

1 hour ago, Muddydogz said:

One thing I ponder is why is the trend going to a straight shaft. Now I understand that some like it but I see a lot of post where that seems to be a big comfort issue, me included. I sold my eq because I could only swing it for so long before it gave me arm problems. 

There's a soon-to-be-released carbon fiber S-shaft for the Equinox. And with a relative large number of Equinoxes hitting he second-hand market, maybe you should go back to that detector?

Mh, I'm bouncing that idea around. I've been watching for one that has already been s shaft modded. I've got a couple of vanquishes for now and they work great on grass here for me coin/jewelry hunting. But in my plowed field hunting, the eq worked a lot better for me except for the ergonomics. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 4:01 PM, Luis said:

they make another pretty good detector.  here I leave some videos. Blackdog gladiator

stability test video

depth

On 2/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, EL NINO77 said:

Sergio, be careful, what you want !!! ...
Read the manufacturer's description very carefully ... and maybe your ideas about the possibilities of this detector will really fade ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Targeted Search with Pulse Nova

Thanks to the way it works and the different coils, treasure hunters can focus well on their target objects: With the large search coil as well as the Frame Coil Xi104, small objects such as bottle caps, pull tabs and small pieces of aluminum foil can be ignored. But beware: Even single coins cannot be displayed when using the large search coils! Depending on the application and target object, make sure to select the appropriate coil:

• Large search coil, large magnetic field: mainly larger metal objects can be found.
  • Small search coil, small magnetic field: Smaller objects can also be detected.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

......I think that for the price of 2000 euros you can already buy really tried and tested models of PI detectors .. known manufacturers ..👍:smile:

I did so myself and bought a PI  ..Garrett ATX  metal detector - second hand ../ 1300 euros /....:wink:

On 2/13/2022 at 12:38 AM, schoolofhardNox said:

Sometimes you just have to try something new. I hope it works out for you and wasn't too expensive. Chapter 6 (Troubleshooting) in the manual, may tell you all of the problems you may have. Those would probably be the best things to try and get better at doing. I'm thinking EMI may be an issue as well as small targets, but you never know. It will be interesting to hear how you like it.

On 2/12/2022 at 11:47 PM, phrunt said:

It looks to me like they've virtually hit the holy grail.  If it can ignore aluminum foil yet hit tiny gold nuggets its a miracle.  I hope you've not wasted your money.  Please post how you go with it once it arrives. 

From their marketing.

• Detectable objects: Natural gold and metal objects of any size, developed to ignore unwanted trash such as scrap bottle caps or aluminum foil
  • Easy to use for inexperienced users and those familiar with PI detectors: only 2 preset controls for volume and sensitivity

Thank you all for the inputs!! I learned more in a couple of months with this forum than the last 3 years of internet lurking. 

After your feedback I consulted with my MD shop and they also advised the ATX.

So I ordered the ATX. It should arrive in two weeks !!!

In a way, I was keen on trying a new brand. Anyway, I already informed OKM of my decision and explained them my reasons. I told them that my decisions comes mainly because there are no independent test videos for the machine, only promotional videos.  Told them about Nokta doing pre-tests with independent testers with he Legend, and also about the Impulse backfired beta test flop. They were okay with it and replied they may review their marketing strategy. Let´s see if something happens... 🙂

Now I am concerned with a strategies to deal with the machine weight and battery life.

For the weight I plan to get a DOC´s harness and a Saga swing arm.

https://docsdetecting.com/product/docs-new-ultra-swingy-thingy/

https://docsdetecting.com/categories/saga-swing-arm/

For the Battery life two units of 

https://texaspremiumdetectors.com/shop/rnb-at-pro-battery-pack/

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Sergio Stay Away from OKM

i have used several Gradiometer 

magnometers and GPR

this Machines are Geoficial don’t detect metal 

as for the Pulse Unit I have a lot experience in Big Frame PI 

they Hybrit unit they advertise if no info other than the seller that’s a big Red Flag

• Like 1