A Truly Waterproof Equinox?

mh9162013

I've been monitoring the development of the NoxBox:

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=294266

Seems like it'll be a great waterproofing option for those who like to use the Equinox in wet environments. The only thing holding up development right now is the designer's need for an Equinox that's in bad shape (or broken).

Interesting.  Always a concern with post-factory mods are things like heat dissipation.  Typically an engineering design accounts for multiple issues whereas some of those things can be difficult to account for by later mods, even when they are known (and that often isn't the case, as we've seen with Equinox coil ear fixes, IMO).

Maybe the best fix for the Equinox water ingress is the Deus 2.  :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Interesting.  Always a concern with post-factory mods are things like heat dissipation.  Typically an engineering design accounts for multiple issues whereas some of those things can be difficult to account for by later mods, even when they are known (and that often isn't the case, as we've seen with Equinox coil ear fixes, IMO).

Maybe the best fix for the Equinox water ingress is the Deus 2.  :biggrin:

Yeah, the heat issue seems to be the biggest concern. But this is designed for divers, so I imagine the heat issue shouldn't be a problem.

The heat issue is really a potential problem for prospective buyers like me, that just want it to help provide overall protection for the Equinox.