Disappointed But Undaunted (deus 2)

7 hours ago, Tometusns said:

F350Platinum,

I think those reeds come from a concertina. I used to think they were accordion reeds but found out they’re from a smaller hand organ or concertina. 
Cool finds and nice review. I hunt a lot of old schools and churches so I have quite a collection of them myself. lol  HH! Tom 

5C6C95C9-AB12-40C8-9ADD-6EA1D218842E.png

Thanks for the tip and photos! That would make sense, this was a busy place even from colonial times. One of the first things I found were cut pistareens on the top of the hill going in, may have been a trading spot. Got a KG there too but can't identify it for sure.

I find lots of harmonica parts as well here, there may be some in that trash. Must have been lively. 🙂

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great read and nice hunting on your new machine, but don't forget about your Nox. That will come back to bite you when you do finally pick it up again.

Good luck on your next outing.

Definitely bringing the Equinox with me to the beach soon. It did very well last year.

3 hours ago, palzynski said:

When you will get used to the D2 and you will know more its audio and you will dig less iron targets .  If you have never used a D1 it will take some time , probably a few months but this is a normal learning course. 

btw have you tried SENSITIVE ?  For me it is the best mode in the iron trash , it is very fast and it has an excellent iron disc ..

I will try that, thanks. 🙂 I've been going through the tutorials from TN Sharpshooter and Calabash, think I'm going to switch to Gary Blackwell now. Miss my iron bias on the Equinox but not gonna cry. 🤣

Gotta say it was a bit of a pain to carry 3 pinpointers yesterday, but I did get a chance to compare all 3 in the wild. Thus far the Garrett AT pro is king of the hill for deeper/wider location, and the Quest Xpointer Max is the most useful for making last minute calls on a target despite it going nuts sometimes. I'm impressed with the pitch tones as opposed to pulse on the MI-6, you can't adjust the volume and pulse tones are insanely loud. Thanks Chase! 👍

350 I've got so many hunted out spots that I keep pounding mainly because they are close to home and convenient for me to get to...the reality is if you have hunted with a modern detector in these spots efficiently  to have taken most of the easy targets...Not to say you might scrape up something with the Deus2 but silver coins were and are the easiest targets to find for most detectors... since the 1970's....It's hard to leave a spot that has produced for you....heck I got a couple spots that gave me some nice gold nuggets...you can go there now and cover several hundred yards of ground  and not get a sound off a $6000 dollar detector that can find #9 bird shot easily....time to go to different places... that said I'm going to the foot hills tomorrow to a hunted out spot that has produced well in the past... with the deus2 😄

strick

1 hour ago, strick said:

And your little black and red buggy looks like it has a coffin on top of it lol 

strick

Yeah, the covers are coming off in a couple weeks. They're ugly but a great place to get out of the wind. 😁

1 hour ago, strick said:

350 I've got so many hunted out spots that I keep pounding mainly because they are close to home and convenient for me to get to...the reality is if you have hunted with a modern detector in these spots efficiently  to have taken most of the easy targets...Not to say you might scrape up something with the Deus2 but silver coins were and are the easiest targets to find for most detectors... since the 1970's....It's hard to leave a spot that has produced for you....heck I got a couple spots that gave me some nice gold nuggets...you can go there now and cover several hundred yards of ground  and not get a sound off a $6000 dollar detector that can find #9 bird shot easily....time to go to different places... that said I'm going to the foot hills tomorrow to a hunted out spot that has produced well in the past... with the deus2 😄

strick

I totally get what you're saying here. 👍

For sure the Deus is a great detector, but I'm not expecting it to much exceed what I've already done with the Equinox. I can see where I will learn a different perspective, shame there has  been so much strife involved. I have no complaints or regrets.

The real benefit here is the weight, the interoperability of all the accessories, the high level of adjustment, and all the extra fun I can have with it.

It's really becoming clear that yet again the tool is as good as the user. 🙂

Keep plugging away with that Deus. I think it's going to be a good machine, despite some of the negative things people say about it on line. I would get one but if I get one more machine my wife will ban me from the house 🙄 Hey that petrified iron donut looks yummy 😄 You did dig a lot of trash this time out. Makes up for me being lazy.

1 minute ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Keep plugging away with that Deus. I think it's going to be a good machine, despite some of the negative things people say about it on line. I would get one but if I get one more machine my wife will ban me from the house 🙄 Hey that petrified iron donut looks yummy 😄 You did dig a lot of trash this time out. Makes up for me being lazy.

It's a great machine, certainly not as exalted or reviled as it has been made, but I never threw a golf club either 🤣 Instead I learned to play golf.

You can run it all day and only get a cramp in your leg. 😁