Ask Gerry, He'll Try It. Garrett Axiom Update, Taste Like Gold

Happy and excited DP forum followers.  Yes my Field Staff and I are just as excited about another Pulse Induction detector option and or addition to our tool supply.

1st off, I need to apologize for not keeping up with everyone's questions on this high powered and advanced tuning PI ( the AXIOM ) by Garrett.

Guess what, I'll be honest and can't physically keep up.  My email, text, phone are just blowing up with mostly questions about what it can/can't do and should I sell this/that to get it.  Come on, I'm not here to tell you what to do and I can't (NDA) answer some of the questions I've been presented.

Realize my position as a Multi Line Dealer and the greasy tight rope with a noose...I'm trying to walk.  Our fine friend Steve H., is not in my shoes and has zero skin to any manufacture as he lives the retired life.  But Steve's blood and desire for the best ultimate gold detector runs through my veins as well, we are like minded guys.  

A couple of my team and I are off to the quiet zone free of TV, phone, email all in the interest of education/promotion of another detector options.  Notice I keep saying option, for a simple fact, that's exactly what the Axiom is giving us. It's another tool for us to use and the features/capabilities it has (we are still learning) will be used again on this trip and we'll be making adjustments, coil size runs and hopefully be able to find some gold/take pics and or video.

I'll post on here telling you to sell this and get that.  I don't know you well enough, don't know the areas you detect, don't know your skill levels and or know how serious you take gold nugget prospecting compared to your other hobbies.  Heck I don't know your financial position of owning a $4000 detector.  But if you are on DP, I'm most certain many of you already have so that's why I'm here, just like you.

So far our initial impression on the Axiom from Garrett is, "You have a WINNER".  What does that mean to the average Joe/Jane and or those not sure yet which way they lean?  For the gold hunting we have experienced in 4 locations of Nevada and 2 additional states, it's the best PI Garrett has come out with yet.  Is it better than Minelab?  AUT...Aut...aut, you know better than that.  Read above "greasy tire rope walk with a noose on the end".

I'll say this.  The Axiom can find a variety of gold nuggets the $3400 SDC-2300 can not.  It can do things performance wise and ergonomically that a $4000 GPX-5000 can not.  It can find gold and ignore rocks/minerals a $6000 GPX-6000 can not.  It can even do some things and find gold in situations a $8500 GPZ-7000 can not.  Now to be fair (life is not fair), those machines can do things the Axiom can not.  Heck, the new improved 24K can find gold none of the above mention can find.  That's a fact.

There is a reason (you know it) many people (not all) walked away from their GPZ-7000's and purchased a GPX-6000.  Most folks are happy with their move of the GPX-6000, but not all.  Where we have been using it, the Axiom easily takes care of the issues some 6000 owners have had.  But since I do not hunt in everyone's location and I have only used a few Axiom units, there could be a location of same issue?

Is the Axiom the #1 all to go PI detector on the market?  Heck no and I'll never say there is. The all new Garrett Axiom with Untra Pulse Technology is another option for you.  It has features and design I'm very impressed with and it looks to be that so are a few other well known Prospectors.

If you are happy with your current model detector and the success/enjoyment you get from it, then I am happy for you.  Remember, I promote the hobby of metal detecting.  If you want to try something new or need to add another tool to up your game, I'm here for you as well.

In the United States, metal detecting in my mind and I tell all when selling a detector, is a "hobby".  Do some folks take it to an extreme?  Most certainly and those are a select few very rare.  They hunt gold, find gold and have to sell their gold to continue, the hunt to survive.  I hope most of you are not that person.

Another question that is the same from many people, so it must be important to a big group.  Will this detector be good for Relic Hunting (primarily Civil War Relics).  I've yet to actually take an Axiom and try it.  But I have done very well (better than many VLF's) with PI type detectors and especially in highly mineralized Back East soils.  The Axiom and it's soil tuning capabilities, combined with it's ergonomic design, the Iron Identification and option of 6 coils looks promising.  I went out on a limb and posted on here DP over a year ago that most nugget hunters who owned a 7 would step to the 6.  I'll do the same thing with the Axiom and tell you right now from what little bit of time I've used the Axiom, it's design, features and capabilities will soon make it a very popular CW Relic detector and you'll soon be seeing them.

If you are interested in getting an Axiom from Gerry's Detectors, please get on my list soon as we've been told they will be short supply at 1st.  Remember, as a VETEREN and long time DP contributor, I'll be happy to offer the new Garrett Military Discount to those who earned it.

Pics of a small picker gold found with Axiom.

The hunt goes on, with Axiom in hand and I'll be back sometime next week.

Again, Please be patient and thanks for understanding the situation.

20220426_183851.jpg

20220426_183922.jpg

20220426_184003.jpg

Gerry,

I think this is a complete answer and you could just drop this link into an answer to my question.  You could use it often for other's questions too.

Thanks for using the options and giving your thoughts.

Mitchel

Gerry, I think that most of us here fully understand what you have to jump through to adhere to the NDA's that you are tied to .

With that said I'm sure there is something that you are not saying about this new detector that you could share with us.

Just how good is it over some of the detectors that you have been using, especially the newer systems that have recently hit the market. Would you put it up against the 6000, 5000, the 800, or anything else out there.

I just ask these questions because I am thinking of getting something else to go with the 800 which is a great detector in my opinion.

Good luck and if you can think of something else to say let us know.