Running The Equinox 800 In All Metal Single Tone At The Beach?

With all these multi FQ machines I've  come round to the fact that the lower FQ settings such as B2 and P1 do give you a much more stable platform to work with.  This  alllows for open screen or higher Sens. Also much better with the big coils.  You pay a price for the hair trigger micro  gold capability especially where there is any black sand at all.  I only run them when Im specifically looking for a chain.

cjc

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 2:17 AM, cjc said:

With all these multi FQ machines I've  come round to the fact that the lower FQ settings such as B2 and P1 do give you a much more stable platform to work with.  This  alllows for open screen or higher Sens. Also much better with the big coils.  You pay a price for the hair trigger micro  gold capability especially where there is any black sand at all.  I only run them when Im specifically looking for a chain.

cjc

So, reading your words, in beach (I understand wet sand) you run B1 for general use, and B2 only for chains? Really!? 

5 hours ago, Airtemisa said:

So, reading your words, in beach (I understand wet sand) you run B1 for general use, and B2 only for chains? Really!? 

my freshwater sites have heavy black sand.  at the same time in , a salt environmentrunning B1 is considerably deeper .but only stable up on the sidewall.  but no, those are not my workds anyhow...micro gold sensitivity=B1 / P2.

6 hours ago, cjc said:

my freshwater sites have heavy black sand.  at the same time in , a salt environmentrunning B1 is considerably deeper .but only stable up on the sidewall.  but no, those are not my workds anyhow...micro gold sensitivity=B1 / P2.

Thanks Clive, now I understand what you said, and I agree with you that B1 is much deeper than B2

1 hour ago, Airtemisa said:

Thanks Clive, now I understand what you said, and I agree with you that B1 is much deeper than B2

Only if you can run the same sensitivity. Which I think is referenced. If you are at three points or more of sensitivity difference, then Beach 2 is the clear choice.  I know this to be true as I cannot hunt my location in Beach 1. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, midalake said:

Only if you can run the same sensitivity. Which I think is referenced. If you are at three points or more of sensitivity difference, then Beach 2 is the clear choice.  I know this to be true as I cannot hunt my location in Beach 1. 

Ya, this is the trade off I'm referencing--those low weighted presets give you a lot more room.  At the same time--on the dry or sidewall--B1 will really surprise you.  cjc

• Like 1