New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

14 hours ago, midalake said:

I see a Horseshoe mode on the Manticore. I hunt with the horseshoe mode ON with the Equinox. This is the only way the ferrous mode is accepted.

Minelab is going to have to come up with some special sauce on that iron range stuff, Because: I find iron targets on the Equinox bounce all over the place. Rarely do I EVER see a ferrous target lock. This will be interesting to watch!

Relic hunting inland it's common place that iron tools (axe heads, chisels, picks, etc) will TID @ 13 on the Equinox.  This expanded iron range will be interesting to see in play.  Ironically the Minelab Sovereign originally had a 550 segment TID meter, people complained about it and then they came out with a scaled down meter, so more isn't always better. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cal_Cobra said:

Ironically the Minelab Sovereign originally had a 550 segment TID meter, people complained about it and then they came out with a scaled down meter, so more isn't always better. 

😆 Remember quite vividly changing both my Sovereign meters to "180" scale!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, midalake said:

😆 Remember quite vividly changing both my Sovereign meters to "180" scale!

Yep, I did too and went with the Sunray version.  Sovereign was a great beach hunter for me, but a terrible relic hunter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

I really like everything I hear, it sounds like Minelab have resolved the issues the Nox had, build quality issues might well be a thing of the past, I'm optimistic on this one. 

I sure am glad I didn't jump the gun and buy the competitors recent products as I've always been very happy with my Nox performance so if this gives me that bit more performance along with a better build quality I'd be completely satisfied as long as they do the 6" coil again for it, a 10x5" would be nice too but I'd much prefer the 6" again for my prospecting and I'd use the bigger 15" coil for everything else, I'd rarely use the 11".

I believe in one of the videos they said The Beast would be available with 11", 6x8" and 12x15" coils. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, so the Equinox might be the better prospecting machine for me, 6x8" isn't too bad though.  It comes down to if the Mandible is going to be as good as my CTX with 17x13" on deep silvers.  They seem to be continuing their pattern of detectors not stepping on other detectors toes 🙂

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yea, it's a good video, I could drop it on Youtube if people don't use Facebook.

It's already out there (47 minute video of Dutch detectorist in the field with Minelab engineer)  -- Dan(NM) posted this link in Chase's thread on specs a few hours ago, but here it is again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnMpu1G7IFM

Maybe I should have pointed to Dan's post in Chase's thread.  Here that is:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's good it can use the Equinox wired underwater headphones as I've already got them.  They've gone ahead and ditched aptX LL on it too and now use their own low latency again, probably the same type of wireless they used in the WM08 with new ML105 headphones to suit it.  It'd be cool if those new headphones can also connect to the Nox with the Wm08 wireless method.

2 hours ago, Luis said:

I also think they have done a good job but I think they have gone too far with the price, at least here in Europe

I agree , especially when you compare with the XP D2 which now starts at 750€ with the WS6 Lite package ... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

They've gone ahead and ditched aptX LL on it too and now use their own low latency again, probably the same type of wireless they used in the WM08 with new ML105 headphones to suit it.

Assuming you mean on the Manticore, how'd you find that out?  Sure hope you're right as I'm addicted to the ultrafast WM08 on my Equinox.

The 6x8 coil makes it worth looking at for me. Is the separation going to be there?

• Like 1