New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

53 minutes ago, palzynski said:

I agree , especially when you compare with the XP D2 which now starts at 750€ with the WS6 Lite package ... 

i am not english but i understood 1599€ vat included in the video🤔 , does he said that ? 

I feel like this 2d bargraph is an insignificant gimmick 🤨

I would like to see the shape rendered on a pulltab

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Assuming you mean on the Manticore, how'd you find that out?  Sure hope you're right as I'm addicted to the ultrafast WM08 on my Equinox.

On that video with the German speaking guy, the 40 something minute video someone asked about the headphones and he said they're ML105's and they use a proprietary wireless method so I'm assuming a continuation of the technology they used for the WM08, WM10 and WM12 although they seem to make each model not be able to talk to the other model to annoy us so if it does use that technology I'm sure the WM08 module won't work with it 🙂

• Like 1

Pulltab will likely give a nice shape like a coin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2022 at 9:39 PM, Jennifer said:

Love it…. Can ya get it any tighter Verne, stretch it…. just a sec Charlie, how’s that mate? Apparently their marketing team have never detected in brush country, or they’re planning on making their profits in ripped off coil cable connector replacements/repairs. 🤣

Lolololol

9FE8E1B6-1541-44A2-8403-C9F3E187148D.jpeg

A ninety degree plug on the coil connector could alleviate a lot of that.   I don't know why they would even use that straight connector on any machine designed in the "cell phone on a stick" mold.

38 minutes ago, vive equinox said:

i am not english but i understood 1599€ vat included in the video🤔 , does he said that ? 

I feel like this 2d bargraph is an insignificant gimmick 🤨

I would like to see the shape rendered on a pulltab

Yeah, the shape rendering of pull tabs will help sales!😁

Coming from the ATPro to the Nox in 2018 I really missed the 0-99 VDI range.  Glad Minelab is adding that.  Put some distance between copper pennies and dimes, etc. I hope.  Based on the latest 47 minute YouTube video I'm not seeing any reason to shelve my Nox though the leaking issue stays on my mind.  The real test will be when folks start doing comparisons of the Beast, D2 and Nox head to head on land and in saltwater.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

It's already out there (47 minute video of Dutch detectorist in the field with Minelab engineer)  -- Dan(NM) posted this link in Chase's thread on specs a few hours ago, but here it is again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnMpu1G7IFM

Watched the video, wasn't overly impressed with the Manicotti (pronounced Sicilian 'mani-got'). Maybe it was the guy using it, reminded me of myself a year or two ago, not finding target in center of hole, digging too much. The pinpointer technique wasn't much to see either 😵. The 10x5 really shortens recovery time, hope they come out with one soon.

Just seemed like an updated Equinox to me. 🤔 The ID's we're still wide, it made all sorts of extraneous noise possibly due to the other detectors in the field. It's gonna have to do a lot better than that for me to give up my 600.

Thanks for posting GB. 👍

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Just seemed like an updated Equinox to me.

Maybe that's exactly what it is.  ('Exactly' may be a poor choice of word.)  For some reason Minelab has decided to distance this detector from the Equinox, at least in its name.  But it looks like an Equinox and more importantly it uses multi-IQ.  They've certainly added a feature (or more) not on the Eqx such as the graphics view.  But mostly it's the Equinox with its obvious problems fixed (well, we hope) and some enhancements like more TID bins, more expressive audio, VCO-like sound optional in more than just gold mode, etc.  (Oh, and I forgot More Power!  Arrr, arrr, arrr!  😁)

The decision to swap out an Equinox for this new kid will be a personal decision for many, just like the decision to swap out Eqx for (or simply add) a Deus 2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

(At) the 40 something minute video someone asked about the headphones and he said they're ML105's and they use a proprietary wireless method....

I just reviewed that (starting about 40:15) where the headphones were addressed.  I did not hear anything about 'proprietary'.  He mentioned the headphones on the GPX6000 as being similar.  I did not hear any mention of any standard (e.g. Bluetooth), just "low latency".

If you recall Steve's survey of audio info method used on the Equinox, about 50% answered they use the APTX LL channel exclusively while the remainder were spread among WM08 (~10%), hardwired headphones (~10%), onboard speaker, or some combination of the above.  Is ML going to continue to accomodate such a small minority with added cost of components and integration?  (I hope so.)  Recall they did away with 1/4" headphone jack starting with the Gold Monster 1000 and that is likely less impact on cost and integration than a proprietary audio system.  I'm hoping that by the time of Detectival there will be more specifications and details on this new detector, and that the audio transport options are spelled out by then.

• Like 1

It may have been a different video I've watched that many now, if I stumbled across it again I'll tell you 😉