Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Nexus Standard Mpv3

Discrimination on it reminds me much lile my Tejon but better audio.

That is a non motion machine right? Is it FCC compliant? Scares me to dish out some big bucks and have some schmuck in Customs keep it.

Some very good videos,my 2 favourite coils for the Nexus MP are the small 8x6 DD coil which stays on the machine 85% of the time and also the 11.5'' Concentric coil,the latter coil is very good for trashy roman sites and especially silver hammered coins as well.

• Like 1

That looks one solidly built shaft, I like the statement in the video "a detector is only as good as it's coil", so true and what a difference a good coil can make to a detector.  Good to see a concentric coil on that too, many manufacturers have moved away from them or only offer them on their entry level machines for some odd reason.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2023 at 4:51 PM, relicmeister said:

What’s its depth? 2 ft on a coin?

Depth for what coin in what soil with what coil ? It depends.

• 1 month later...

A precise Ground Balance seems to be critical.  How does the unit handle fast changing Ground mineral conditions? Do you have to manually re adjust as you hunt? 

Regarding the video:

Is that not just a matter of iron bias? More specifically, if any metal detector had an iron bias control that went extremely low, then the IB could be adjusted low enough that it allows the nonferrous signal to come through, without falsing on the nails.