New Nexus Standard Mpv3

On 6/3/2023 at 4:51 PM, relicmeister said:

What’s its depth? 2 ft on a coin?

Depth for what coin in what soil with what coil 😎 It depends.

• 1 month later...

And now time for truth:

• Oh my! 2

A precise Ground Balance seems to be critical.  How does the unit handle fast changing Ground mineral conditions? Do you have to manually re adjust as you hunt? 

Regarding the video:

Is that not just a matter of iron bias? More specifically, if any metal detector had an iron bias control that went extremely low, then the IB could be adjusted low enough that it allows the nonferrous signal to come through, without falsing on the nails.

I own a 11.5'' Silver Scout coil on my Nexus MP and is a pretty decent combination,it does exactly what is says on the tin,only use it on really trashy sites though especially roman and saxon sites.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Iron falsing depends on the kind of forged nails... big head iron nails are almost impossible to cut out of any metal detector. Always falsing. The reason is simple iron head is flat and the size of the coin and it works in a few dimensions. But with Nexus you can easily learn how to differentiate those masked nonferrous targets. That is easy, but your brain needs to adopt to the situation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shelton said:

Iron falsing depends on the kind of forged nails... big head iron nails are almost impossible to cut out of any metal detector. Always falsing. The reason is simple iron head is flat and the size of the coin and it works in a few dimensions. But with Nexus you can easily learn how to differentiate those masked nonferrous targets. 

Shelton,

I believe your reply was in response to my post, so thanks for your reply.

The main point of my post, was that provided a detector has an iron bias control that can go low enough, or it has a very low fixed IB, and all else is equal, then any said detector would hit that coin. Especially considering that the nails were not corroded, didn't have large heads, many had no heads, and a large silver coin was used for the demonstration. All of which makes it much easier to hit the coin. 

You will be disappointed because I was use tiny hammered silver coin in second part of video: