Cold And Windy Relic Hunt

I'd call that a great hunt, Bob! The buttons alone are awesome and so is the rest. The Merry Widows lids always make me grin, specially being found near a church.ย ๐Ÿ˜‰ย That curved thing looks a little like a trigger. The long mystery item made me think of a hair pin or more likely a garment pin of some kind that you could drive a straight pin through. Well done!

I'm really glad to hear that the 11x13" coil separates so well. If it's half as good as the Nox's 10x5" coil, I'll be a happy camper! Thank you again for all your sharing of your hunts and reviews, and also for the encouragement. It all means a lot!ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Hey Bob,

ย  ย Your detector and coil testing always keeps me interested; and of course,ย  finds! Even when I don't own a Deus!ย 

ย  ย BTW, you don't have to worry much about Raynaud's in Florida!!๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜ Now heat exhaustion, that's another story!! But relics can be a little scarce here!!๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

We've discussed it but my wife still wants some snow. ๐Ÿ˜€ She may get her wish for a White Christmas this year. ๐Ÿ‘

I'd miss the relics tho, not much competition. ๐Ÿคฃ

51 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I'm really glad to hear that the 11x13" coil separates so well. If it's half as good as the Nox's 10x5" coil, I'll be a happy camper! Thank you again for all your sharing of your hunts and reviews, and also for the encouragement. It all means a lot!ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Well I'm no big deal Cap'n but thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the stuff y'all turn up out there. To me you are doing great.

I was glad not to get skunked especially at a permission this large, it's 68 acres! We all have those days tho ๐Ÿ™„ย sometimes you just walk all around the good stuff. ๐Ÿ˜ตย I did that for almost 4 hours.

Noticed we're all digging to the bottom of this disc thing, I'm running mine at 00-00 with notch off, switched to that when it missed a gold chain in VA Beach. Of course if they go to V.8 soon it may be moot.

That's where Full Tones comes in for me, not because I'mย tryingย to make my Deus sound like an Equinox, but because of the way the tones sync with the IDs, and you get an indication of depth by tone, not by the horseshoe. I think the depth indicator is one of the Deus 2's flaws, but that's me. Let the flames begin! ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿคฃ I used the depth indicator on the Equinox a lot.

I use the XY screen too, because a shotgun shell "mostly" makes a crazy square and ferrous "leans" to ferrous most of the time. Shallow targets are a big line, and deep ones are a short line. I'm trying real hard to understand that. One thing for sure these farms are loaded with shotgun shells, it's the only "relic" besides beer cans and tabs, and buckshot/bullets that gets added to them every year. ๐Ÿ˜€

Here's hoping you get out again before all the snow! ๐Ÿฅ‚

ย 

ย 

F350 I am not even going to tell you temp down here but it is getting cooler right now. ย Did I mention Florida is full. ย Lol

Sorry to hear about the hand feet issue. ย My neuropathy not fun when it gets cold. ย 

Nice hunt โ€” that button is a gilt one?
ย 

16 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

F350 I am not even going to tell you temp down here but it is getting cooler right now. ย Did I mention Florida is full. ย Lol

Sorry to hear about the hand feet issue. ย My neuropathy not fun when it gets cold. ย 

Nice hunt โ€” that button is a gilt one?
ย 

Yep just like Carolina told me VA Beach is "tapped out" and then finds some gold ๐Ÿคฃ

No worries, I'm only going as far south as Myrtle Beach this coming spring, I wiped out Tybee Island last spring while I was there ๐Ÿ˜ nobody got a video that week... ๐Ÿคฃ Then Emerald Isle. My wife likes snow so we're not going anywhere.

Yes,ย wasย Gilt. I find a lot of them here, but most have lost it. Dug a silver plated one last week too, as opposed to silver wash. There is a lot of history in the ground here. My county was established in the 1640s.

In two short years I've dug hundreds of buttons from lead to Tombac to brass. I prefer the solitude of relic hunting to beach, but the farms have crops in the summer, and houses are hard to get. Farmers have no interest in the land other than crops.

My first finds were in my yard, and then Spanish silver in the 120 acres out front. I got hooked immediately. ๐Ÿ™‚

Haha Florida big state.

I am originally from up that way. ย Just didnโ€™t detect when I was there. Wish I did. ย  I do go back for work and to detect up there when I can (Maryland) . ย Lots of goodies in ground up there. ย Nice treat or me โ€” no waves hitting me.

Funny my first Reale came from up there in the middle of a field. ย 

ย 

7 minutes ago, PI-Man said:

Haha Florida big state.

I am originally from up that way. ย Just didnโ€™t detect when I was there. Wish I did. ย  I do go back for work and to detect up there when I can (Maryland) . ย Lots of goodies in ground up there. ย Nice treat or me โ€” no waves hitting me.

Funny my first Reale came from up there in the middle of a field. ย 

ย 

I'm a fan of the Hoover Boys, learned a lot from their videos except "dig it all". ๐Ÿ˜€ They find stuff that I eventually do so I know what it is. My county was settled when John Mottrom escaped Lord Calvert's crazy. ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm originally from much farther north but lived in Richmond when I was a kid. Always thought I'd come back, but city life isn't what I want. I was lucky to be lured here, and remarried locally.

We bought a "spec" house in what was supposed to be a development, but it never happened and a farmer bought all the land around us. My driveway is a half mile long, it doesn't get better than that. Open door and detect.

Hey, nice relic hunt. That may just be a buckle fragment you have. You can see what looks like the pin hole (filled with dirt). They do make buckles that have a similar design like that.

11 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Hey, nice relic hunt. That may just be a buckle fragment you have. You can see what looks like the pin hole (filled with dirt). They do make buckles that have a similar design like that.

Thanks! Funny you should mention that, I noticed the hole today and cleaned it out with a pin. It's big and heavy, around 2" and that's about 2/3 the length of the side, and it is curved. Shoe buckle? I think the cast and pinned buckles were made in the latter part of the 18th century, or early 19th.

Couldn't find it in my buckle book. ๐Ÿค”ย 

Also, I think the "cufflink" is a collar stud. ๐Ÿ˜€ย 

https://www.darcyclothing.com/collections/mens-collars

510087553_61WIpWnUDL._AC_UY1000_.thumb.jpg.0ea9f0fcb8ed5444885f3afe9452f076.jpg