Manticore Dreamers Like Me Will Enjoy This Vid

PSPR

22 minutes ago, PSPR said:

longbow62, didn't you say you have been on the Manticore waiting list since August or so?

I think you are just experiencing the frustration all of us Pre-Order groupies are experiencing.  Several times I have considered pulling my order and forgetting about the Manticore until spring.  I don't know why these detector manufacturers put us through this. 

I'm all in on the Manticore and excited about it. There is near zero probability of me canceling my pre-order. I am a slightly less excited now that the 900 has been announced. Only because it also presents the potential improvement over the 800 I was initially looking for. That being said the Manticore is supposed to represent the absolute best Minelab has to offer when it comes to latest and greatest. That's what I want right now. I am hoping not to buy another new detector for quite some time. At least not until there is some kind of new breakthrough technology, and realistically I bet that's going to be awhile.     

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people that are waiting on Manticore orders to be fulfilled........that is not fun for sure.

If I sound like I am anti Manticore.......definitely not. 

Manticore's 2D Target Trace is really something from what I have seen. However, iron mineralization is so bad here in places that I doubt Target Trace will give clean images on even medium depth targets. I experienced something similar with the CTX. I know Multi IQ makes a big difference in iron mineralization compared to FBS2, but like some others in the same situation, I am going to wait and see how Target Trace, Multi IQ+ and high iron mineralization pan out from users who know what they are doing.

Longbow62, after your XP experience, I would be cautious too. Go right ahead and express your thoughts and doubts......that is part of what this forum is for.

44 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

......I am hoping not to buy another new detector for quite some time. At least not until there is some kind of new breakthrough technology, and realistically I bet that's going to be awhile.     

I think there is a new CTX-3030 in the works.  Who knows if they will put something revolutionary in that or not.  I suspect it is probably a year away but who knows.  Minelab could decide to announce it before we even get our Manticores.  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, strick said:

There seems to be a few here that want a machine that just beeps and give a number...fine have at it...some of us like a little more info.  If you never used a ctx how can you even comment on it? I mean really...I think there are other reasons some of you are poo pooing the manticore but don't want to admit it. 

strick

I'm not poo pooing the Manticore at all. I'm saying the differences in it being better than a 800 or 900 may boil down to the slight differences in the performance of say an Etrac vs. a CTX. I'm just going by my use of the Etrac and a buddy who had both machines at the same time and used his Etrac mostly as his #1. I've heard a lot of guys say the difference between FBS-I and FBS II was minimal. TT has some advantages and I expect the same will be true on the Manticore. I'm fired up about the Manticore, but trying to be realistic about improvements. Like I said if Minelab has made the Manticore much more EMI tolerant I'm going to be extremely happy just with that one fix.    

32 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I think there is a new CTX-3030 in the works.  Who knows if they will put something revolutionary in that or not.  I suspect it is probably a year away but who knows.  Minelab could decide to announce it before we even get our Manticores.  :biggrin:

I would be totally flabbergasted if that ever came to be. I can see some folks loving the CTX platform staying the same except for being more waterproof and in a light weight package. I really think the people hoping for, and or holding out for that are pretty near delusional though. 

Hopefully the 900 will be better with EMI but the claim on the maybemore is due to the coils and power so unless the 9 approached the problem in another way??  Haven't seen any 900 reports so i shouldn't get too froggy.  What i've seen on manticores TT  is promising for sure.  The mineralized ground will be where i think we all need more info.  In a spot where lead ore was smelted i don't expect anything better.  But a tavern parking area closed about 1968 i hope for some improvement.

The marketing says the Manticore is better with EMI, not the Nox 900.

Yabut 900 is NEW and IMPROVED.  You can waive the coil over bread and make toast!  The manti is supplied with air fryer recipes and ironing instructions.  But somewhat seriously somewhere it was said the 900 has a faster processor for better separation.  Better navigation is a good thing for sure.  I tried to put M/L out of my brain but too much time on my hands.  Reloaded shotshell, rifle, and pistol calibers, repaired about drawer or window in the house. 

The 50% larger TX of the Manticore is a guarantee that the signal/noise-EMI/... ratio will still be better than that of the Equinox 900...

I am a fan of using TX Bost... with the Spectra V3, so I know very well how that signature is on the higher resistance of this detector in EMI... but also in the practical range of the detector on targets...

Remember one thing,,,Equinox600 and 800... was more built for low and medium conductors...but with more or less average range on high conductor coins.../the exact opposite of Etrac and CTX3030/...and here TX bost and other with Manticore's Multi IQ+ solution /+50% more Tx/ brings a strong and balanced reach to all conductive targets... so I feel that manticore will still be better in everything than the new Equinox 900...

Of course, you'll spend more for Manticore...but you'll also get more.....practically*Better detector..

Well I’m certainly dreaming at the moment. Couldn’t care less if it was a 900, Manty, a Squish or even an old boot of an Excal I ‘d be swinging.

Just dearly hoping for decent weather, either it’s freezing or there is a torrential downpoor predicted. A few rays of sun and diggable ground would be a godsend!

A new CTX,... those sweet sounds, a slow sweep on an indian summers day at the beach and a deep digging scoop for a bit of bling. Pull out all the stops Minelab, just go bananas. We will pay for it!

Ok wright,... cabin feever creeping in.