900 Vs Manticore -help?

TroyLPN

3 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I don't think the metal detector Youtubers make that much. 

it's still money, the more hits, the more subscribers the more money so some create drama to attract views. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PSPR said:

I don't think the metal detector Youtubers make that much.  I heard some of them say it is in the hundreds of dollars a month.  I doubt there are many of them making a thousand or more monthly.  That isn't a lot for the time they put into the videos and then they still need a job to make ends meet.

You can look their channel up on SocialBlade if you want a good estimate of what they make. 

Most of them probably make in the hundreds. You definitely can make thousands per month though if you make vids that appeal beyond the small subset of detectorists/prospectors and more to a wider audience and get up to 50k subs or so.

13 minutes ago, phrunt said:

it's still money, the more hits, the more subscribers the more money so some create drama to attract views. 

Not to mention click bait which is very annoying.

38 minutes ago, cudamark said:

Same here, the expanded I.D. range, better waterproofing, and the fact that I can use all my existing Nox coils, made my decision easy for ordering the 900. The button backlight and supposedly better EMI rejection are nice bonuses.

Yup. Not everyone wants to invest in new coils. What about that superb Coiltek 10x5? If I go to Manticore, it’s no good. Works on 900. I see lots of reason, and not just price, to go from 800 to 900. I may go 900 first while dust settles on all but inevitable Manticore issues. If it’s the first bug free detector in years that would be a first. The 900 in the other hand basically fixes Nox bugs. It will be the best seller in my opinion. People overestimate how many of the general public wants to spend the big bucks on a detector, and the 900, building on Nox success, really hits the sweet spot. Forums skew to machines like the Manticore, but forum members are generally running detectors at higher levels than the average people you will see at club meetings around the country. Even the 900 is a stretch for a lot of people.

16 minutes ago, jasong said:

You can look their channel up on SocialBlade if you want a good estimate of what they make. 

Most of them probably make in the hundreds. You definitely can make thousands per month though if you make vids that appeal beyond the small subset of detectorists/prospectors and more to a wider audience and get up to 50k subs or so.

They are getting that “free” detector, but they are working for and earning it, so it’s not really free.

44 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I don't know where people are getting the idea the Nox 900 has better EMI immunity, they in their marketing have not said a thing about the 900 having better EMI handling.

The Manticore has the long press EMI noise cancel feature, and claims in its marketing it is the one with better EMI handling.

BOOSTED EMI IMMUNITY

There may be a storm raging outside but inside MANTICORE it’s quiet and calm. Improved EMI rejection means it’s possible to operate using higher sensitivity whilst isolating target information — even in the most challenging environmental conditions.

The Nox 900 remains unchanged from the 800.

The control pod housing for the 900 clearly is different than the 800. It looks much more like the Manticore control pod. Similar to the GPX 6000 board level upgrade, there may have been a control pod, board level design/component improvement that has improved some EMI handling for both detectors OR maybe not......So dont' be so negative please. Manticore looks like an awesome detector. Nox 900 is definitely an improvement over Nox 800.....

It's all hopes and dreams that the 900 has better EMI handling at this stage, they didn't advertise it like they did the Manticore.  Minelab want to sell detectors, it's unlike them not to market an improvement over a previous model.

The problem is its started off as people wondering, and now its turning into people thinking it does have improved EMI handling, some are wording it as its better with EMI than the 800.  It's a rumour that's turning into fact without validation.  

It's not being negative, its being factual.  If owners start coming out saying they are finding it better than the 800 for EMI that's great news, no one has yet that I've seen.  I hope it is myself, I'll probably have to get one if the Manticore doesn't turn out the good prospecting unit I hope it is so any improvement it has over the original Nox is great.

I'm more after a silver coin machine really, I rarely use VLF's now for gold anyway so my decision on the Manticore was an easy one, the CTX is far superior for me on silver than the Nox, so buying a Nox 900 was not really the good choice for the purpose, hoping the Manticore brings something to the table.

28 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

What about that superb Coiltek 10x5?

Did you happen to see the new threaded coils with the 900's. While your original and after market will "work". Do we know if the coils will fit the new rod end of the 900? 

22 minutes ago, midalake said:

Did you happen to see the new threaded coils with the 900's. While your original and after market will "work". Do we know if the coils will fit the new rod end of the 900? 

The Nox 800/600 coils fit. The 6” sent with the 900 is the same coil as the 800/600 version. It even comes with the same kind of coil nut and bolt. 

26 minutes ago, midalake said:

Got my 900 yesterday and put it together. Yes the old Equinox coils will work with the 900. they just don't thread on the one side, you push the bolt all the way through like on the 800. Having a nice range of coils available now is one reason I decided to get the 900. Who knows how long we will have to wait for other size coils for the Manticore. Probably won't even turn the 900 on until after Christmas as I'm really just too busy to drive 3.5 hours to get out of the snow around here.