Double Dandy Relic Hunt With D2 And 13" Coil

Had a few things to do this morning so I didn't get out until afternoon. It was about 26 degrees when I got up this morning, but quickly warmed up to 40. That's the way it goes here, we don't really get extended cold that freezes the ground. It might get the first 2", but the sun defrosts it. I'm glad because as long as I can stand the cold, I can hunt all winter. I heard the farmers out today so I knew it wouldn't be too muddy, we've had a lot of wind the last few days.20221219_134619.thumb.jpg.4ed2526926f4fb78fb4e7644019e0a3f.jpg

Today I went back to the last place I was, a relatively nearby farm that has a really well maintained and upgraded house on it. The owner works across the street in his wedding/catering business.20221219_162149.thumb.jpg.019f20b73c826066b53ae98ee1688948.jpg

I'm taking a bit of a risk here, but this house is magnificent. It was built in the early 1800s I believe, the owner inherited it and expanded it a bit. There is a 63 acre farm surrounding it.

I've dug a lot of great stuff here, a small amount of silver, and probably over 100 buttons spanning from the 1700s to the 1900s. I was only here for 4 hours today but managed to get all this:20221219_184428.thumb.jpg.e6a35093a885c1c6a4f548f018af1fd9.jpg

Yet another unique rein guide, two large dandy buttons, sadly plain but one still has the shank, a spun Tombac with the shank intact (rare), another collar stud and two small buttons. A small buckle with some fused iron in it, and possibly a gold plated cufflink:20221219_184437.thumb.jpg.440bd319b00462aeb8cfcd7448c252d7.jpg

Got 3 coins today, 2 1930s wheats and a 1905 IHP. Love finding them.20221219_181308.thumb.jpg.eaf00ed15428a768e2e6b2fc103d641a.jpg

Got quite a bit of trash today, the ground was a little more wet than usual.20221219_171547.thumb.jpg.3f1d7bd977143be1d2d2cfa226823489.jpg

I've been digging low IDs especially because I don't want to miss Tombacs, the spun one was a shaky 47, and about 8" deep. All the aluminum was dug to get rid of it or because it was 85 or greater. Even got a civil war pull tab!20221219_171606.thumb.jpg.be2a53f27ce1d9620bcb3e5ba377585e.jpg

🤣 Great day to be out. Figured y'all might want to see stuff being found.

Nice hunt. That is an interesting reigns terrett.

22 minutes ago, JCR said:

Nice hunt. That is an interesting reigns terrett.

Thanks, I have quite a few unique ones, this was new for sure. 🙂

Seems like all I ever see from you is another nice hunt.

Keep up the hard work and good luck on your next outing.

Stay safe and warm.

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Seems like all I ever see from you is another nice hunt.

Keep up the hard work and good luck on your next outing.

Stay safe and warm.

Thanks VL. I'll be getting out a lot from now until April. I'm putting these up because while not particularly spectacular, I think they are cathartic for those who can't get out, and those who would rather read about finds and history than speculation.

This is the busy season for me, by today even the field in front of my house will be clear. The farmers are here albeit late. I've got a lot to do! 😀 The Equinox will be coming out soon as well. 🙂 This is a "good" year because of the particular crop rotation.

Nice hunt. Looks like those electric socks and electric gloves are working.

18 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Nice hunt. Looks like those electric socks and electric gloves are working.

Well Rick, I'm out of likes already this morning. 😀 Thanks, they would but I didn't need them yesterday. There was enough sun to warm up the insulated nitrile gloves I wear. Some days when it's clear I can get away with it.

I'm just grateful that the Deus 2 can tune out the EMI from them. Now I have a new small problem, the 13" picks up the rivets and shanks in my boots. 🤣

Another great hunt and great photos! That house is beautiful and a day with old buttons, coins, and relics found is a good day. Congrats on the Wheats and Indian and reign guide! And congrats on the CW pull tab... those are super rare! 😉

10 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Another great hunt and great photos! That house is beautiful and a day with old buttons, coins, and relics found is a good day. Congrats on the Wheats and Indian and reign guide! And congrats on the CW pull tab... those are super rare! 😉

Thanks, out of likes today, lots of funny and poignant commentary  🤣

I was wondering if anyone would comment on the pull tab or correct me. 😁 It is an old one tho.

Here's the big scoop today:20221220_110339.thumb.jpg.fa545d8bc391bd74ceefdfcf678d7a06.jpg

The farmers are picking up the beans in front of my house!! Today is 2 years since I joined the forum. 🥳 It's also almost 2 years since I was last able to get out in those fields. 😵 This is gonna be a busy winter...