Issue With Axiom And Ground Noise

Gone Bush

This was one part of my job in Australia, and I can guarantee you just because you purchased it second hand doesn't mean you don't have the same rights as someone who purchased it new as long as you have the proof of purchase, the problem is many retailers and companies don't know themselves the intricacies of the consumer law, which is understandable, it's pretty complicated.  It's quite normal they will try and avoid a refund as they have the option of a repair, so long as they repair it to your satisfaction and on their side factory specifications, they don't need to do a refund, it's only if it goes unresolved and both parties can't come to an agreement in that regard they would be needing to refund.  In difficult cases where an agreement can't be reached its normal practice that they just replace it to make the problem go away rather than keep trying to fix it but generally a couple of attempts at a repair should be done before going down this path.

Some reading for you.

Repair, replace, refund, cancel | ACCC

Consumer rights in Australia: Warranties, returns and repairs (thenewdaily.com.au)

Hopefully you get it all sorted out to your satisfaction.  Sometimes you just need to educate the company in question about the laws, they'll do a little research and then they'll come around, if not let the ACCC deal with it on your behalf.  

The laws override anything Garrett has written in their terms and conditions, if what they've written doesn't fall into the consumer laws terms its meaningless and they are likely just a copy and paste they use in all different countries, although different countries have different laws.

I'm sure though, given the opportunity they'll fix it for you, Garrett is well known in the USA for their exceptional warranty service, I'm sure that Garrett Australia will do their best to help you out, it really needs to get back to them to give them another chance and they'll sort it out.  They may have encountered others like yours since it was last in and have more of an understanding of your issue now.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running the axiom for the past year, mainly in places that been creamed. I've hit small gold flakes behind a guy with a 6000, 1 was 0.4 grains. not saying the axiom is better. Maybe the guy on the 6000 was a sloppy detectorsist. I favor the dd coils over the mono coils, my experience is the dd coils are smoother the 11 dd coil can't hit smaller gold than the 11 mono. I like a machine that runs smooth, in my current area I'm hunting the ground is very hot. It fools the 7000, the sdc but as bad. I have to run the axiom at level 3 maybe 2 sensitivity which kind of kills the soft signal targets, however I have a remedy for this that is use....the steel phase audio booster works pretty good. I can run smooth and and have the light whisper targets enhanced. I'm not a fan of the wirles headphones..theirs an issue with the built in receiver in their head phones. I run my own z link wireless. transmitter into the headphone jack the receiver to my steel phase audio booster with my preferred killer bees headphones. I'm hoping for some new 3rd party coils for the axiom

• Like 6