I did not really need another one, but I had to save it.

I received it yesterday.  Seller stated that it had never been used.  It is probably the cleanest specimen I had ever seen.  

The seller was an estate/second hand type business.  

The downside was the on/off pot was broken.  He probably didn't test it. 

I stole the pot from my classic SL 1.  Small solder job later I was in business.

I gotta stop collecting old machines lol.

These models are a lot of fun for a tinkerer. I remember adding numerous features like ground balance and boost. I think we called them “Mr. Bill mods.” They are also the best in a bed of nails scenario. 

1 hour ago, ☠ Cipher said:

These models are a lot of fun for a tinkerer. I remember adding numerous features like ground balance and boost. I think we called them “Mr. Bill mods.” They are also the best in a bed of nails scenario. 

I did that mod on my Classic SL3.  Found my best coin with that machine.  

I brought a IDX Pro about 6 years back,only used it a few times,i plan on doing the Mr Bill modifications,but never really got around to doing the mods....the GB modification is the one that i will probably do.

• 4 weeks later...

I can relate strongly to the appreciation... I was introduced to the IDX PRO by watching this guy on youtube ... Adventures with Jim... His oldest videos are the best....  he can have a salors mouth at times... but he had useful well thought techniques... and some great finds on a stock IDX PRO with a maxima 1500... I knew I had to try this thing out for myself... I had to have one...  Now years later... I have two... And would buy a 3rd at the right price... These are still great little machines... simple and fun... And with mods that can still be done... The detector can bump to the next level...

I will never stop collecting old machines... I tell the kids often... "Some day all of this will be yours"                (no one remembers Fred Sanford)...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

They are good units.....they are fast and simple. 

I was disappointed that they did not continue with that Platform but instead started with the prizm line and plastic stuff. 

I think that's when things started going downhill for them.