Garrett Axiom; Retired And New To Detecting

Well, more power and kudos to you guys. I have to admit that at 65 the passion for detecting has been fading for me after over 50 years at the game. Good finds, whether they are silver coins or gold nuggets, are just getting sparser all the time. Even gold jewelry, which I thought would renew forever, is fading, as young people wear tungsten, titanium, or even plastic rings! That platinum ring find is now far more likely to be tungsten. I guess the real problem is I was spoiled by too many years of great detecting, and now hitting a place for two days for a single silver dime or a few smaller gold nuggets is not floating my boat as much. Gardening is looking better all the time. :smile:

• Like 5

Coming up on 69, Started detecting 1980.  I don't find pockets full anymore. Recent finds a beauty of a 1865 2 cent piece, a 1788 Connecticut copper, a silver ring.  Finding Civil war 3 ringers never gets old.  Sure there's times I lose some interest, But it never fails to return. Times when I'll be in the woods along the railroad tracks and just set up against a tree and let nature entertain me. 

• Like 2

On 5/7/2023 at 1:08 PM, coffeecan said:

Hello John, I'm pushing 70. I can't imagine how I would be if I did't get out. At first it is tough on the joints. When I am done I just about crawl to the car. It does get better, as I am out again the next day or so. Nothing else I would rather be doing. Good Luck my friend!

It's better to be "pushing 70" than pulling it like me! 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, cudamark said:

It's better to be "pushing 70" than pulling it like me! 😜

I just gave up having Birthday's at 35. 

• Like 2

I am pushing 70 this month, uh. and feeling it dealing with PV. Trying to get ready to take a week long trip to Nevada detecting in June.

• Like 2