Final Run At One Of The Ski Fields Before Winter Hits

Thanks for the photos Simon. New Zealand is awesome. If I had a choice, that's where I would want to live.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2023 at 3:35 AM, phrunt said:

I have no idea what this thing is, I'm not sure if the 1923 is the age of it or a model number, I couldn't find it on a quick Google search. 

IMG_0643.jpg.952a7626cdb09af458ad8cc95b2c04b0.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg.e047cf9442faff509dc55f92b1240c54.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg.b98cd2ee22ae1de7d20e50c5cd1a91d1.jpg

Looks to me like a cap off of something, possibly a re-usable water bottle.

The vegetation there looks quite sparse and desert-like.  Ski slopes I've seen here (mostly Colorado but some Utah and California) are green in the summer and often have lots of coniferous trees.  What you show reminds me a bit of our Nevada gold country, although more mountainous than what I've experienced.  I hope the snow is thick because falling in that looks quite painful!  Thanks for the excellent photos and narrative.

• Like 1

This little video shows why it's so desert like, it's rarely green in this particular area, very dry climate.

It's quite an interesting video, a few stuff ups in it but generally right, for example he uses an Australian flag picture, but hey NZ's used to that one, along with being left off maps 🙂

And when I live right down near to the bottom population density is very low which doesn't help with my detecting of man made lost items with so few people and such a short history of population.  I guess it helps my prospecting though with far less competitors looking for it with detectors 🙂

• Like 1