A "holy Grail" In Jewelry Hunting Has Been Achieved!

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

In general I’m not a fan of calling out other forums or people who are not present. But I also see no evidence that anyone really knows who this person or person is, as not naming names was a proper decision.

Yes, I made the decision to withhold their names, and the sites in which the discussions were taking place. I did so to refrain from any drama. 

My original post was a lighthearted way to present misleading information that is often prevalent in this hobby. Shortly after my initial post, I wrote my second post which explained why I wrote the first post. More specifically, how easily newbies can (and are) being misled.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

What does matter is imparting some good information here about what the display does and does not do.

What it certainly does not do, is prevent jewelry hunters like myself from having to dig massive amounts of aluminum trash😁. That is a given with induction balance metal detectors. About the only thing that will change that, is a true imaging detector. They do exist, but they're very expensive, and to the best of my knowledge, don't have the resolution needed for gold jewlery sized objects. But, it's only a matter of time before both those issues are addressed and solved.

I do understand the frustration Digalicious feels, he reacted to something that he thought could mislead, in his words 'newbies'. It's the reason why I refuse to look at other forums and youtube in particular. I stick to D.P. and my blood pressure remains at a safe level. It must be difficult to sort out the b......t for people trying to learn the 'craft' My advice for any newbies would be to look at D.P. till they have a b......t dissemination meter in place. Please let me know when there is a detector that can tell me the difference between a beaver tail ring pull with no tail and a gold ring.

7 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Αυτό που σίγουρα δεν κάνει, είναι να εμποδίζει τους κυνηγούς κοσμημάτων όπως εγώ να χρειαστεί να σκάψουν τεράστιες ποσότητες σκουπιδιών από αλουμίνιο 😁 . Αυτό είναι δεδομένο με τους ανιχνευτές μετάλλων ισορροπίας επαγωγής. Το μόνο πράγμα που θα το αλλάξει αυτό είναι ένας αληθινός ανιχνευτής απεικόνισης. Υπάρχουν, αλλά είναι πολύ ακριβά, και από όσο γνωρίζω, δεν έχουν την ανάλυση που απαιτείται για αντικείμενα μεγέθους χρυσού κοσμήματος. Όμως, είναι μόνο θέμα χρόνου να αντιμετωπιστούν και να επιλυθούν και τα δύο αυτά ζητήματα.

can you tell me a machine that can actually image an object?

Having dug lots of can slaw with the M-Core I can say with certainty that the TT and sound can help to identify these larger targets...Of course you don't know what you are passing up if you don't dig it but I am able to call out can slaw most of the time...am I fooling myself by sayin that? maybe and maybe not due to the odds that finding can slaw are greater then good targets in most situations... But a small piece of can slaw can TID the same as a gold ring...which is why I dig most non ferrous targets when hunting...

strick 

• Like 7

As long as we are using induction balance/pulse induction, the gold and aluminum range overlaps entirely. For every gold VDI there is an aluminum VDI. It then boils down to playing the odds. A particular common pull tab false here for instance, so ignore it. But the fact remains some gold jewelry might overlap that pull tab, so ignoring it forever will eventually mean missed gold. You have to know your targets and play the odds. My advice is focus on quality locations where you dig it all. In low quality locations, some cherry picking may be more appropriate.

I can cherry pick rings to some degree based on the solid centered VDI, the roundness. But every pull tab will do that also. It avoids common foil and can slaw, but irregular pendants and gold chains will also be missed. Again, it’s all playing the odds. I can promise the more aggressive you get in trying to not dig aluminum, the more gold you will miss.

The Invenio does simply map target signal intensity results as opposed to mapping VDI numbers, so what you are seeing is a visual interpretation based more on what you would hear running a threshold based all metal mode. The louder the signal, the “hotter” the color that gets mapped. Interpretation is required as a deep large faint target will map the same as a shallow smaller target, just as they sound the same to your ear. And in dense surface trash, it’s nothing but a mess. It’s better for distinct targets in cleaner ground. Or mapping large stuff while detuning the machine to smaller stuff.

• Like 8

if there was a machine that would give the shape of the object believe me i would have bought it, i have spent thousands of euros on professional geophysical machines and i can tell you with certainty that the exact shape of the object cannot be captured.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The Invenio does simply map target signal intensity results as opposed to mapping VDI numbers, so what you are seeing is a visual interpretation based more on what you would hear running a threshold based all metal mode. 

Or running in pinpoint mode?

Either way though, that method would be fine for distinguishing between coin sized objects and objects such as nails / large pieces of metal, but all the coin sized objects would look the same. Correct?