Accessory Coil Prices (us $) For Popular Smf Detectors (mid-2023) Vs. Others For Reference

5 hours ago, strick said:

Theres only one right now and I took a picture of it the day I got it...will get the small coil up there when I get on in my hands...

I had forgotten about that, I must revisit it, thanks 😉

For anyone wondering, a time saving link

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So charge more, I never argued otherwise. Around twice as much.... no. Like there was no R&D costs on Equinox coils? And do Equinox coils really need to be more than Vanquish coils? The costs you mention are trivial at manufacturer cost level and seeing a large multiple at retail. No, the more expensive the detector, the more Minelab feels the buyer is willing to pay for the accessories. That's just sales and marketing, how I made my living, so I know what the score is here. A 5x8 for the Vanquish is $99 and will be $340 on the Manticore? But as long as people are will to put up with it and even defend it, then I guess we get what we deserve.

minelab-equinox-coil-vs-vanquish-search-coil.jpg

Steve is right in that...if Minelab can put on the market a multi-frequency coil similar in size to the Vanquish for a hundred dollars....and the same size coil on the Manticore will cost 350 dollars, the price is quite high..

here you have to realize that the Manticore is a high-end detector... and the accessories will cost more... than for other minelab models... more or less everything will cost as for the CTX303O model...

if you are buying a luxury car.... also consider the costs of accessories....

it won't be a big problem for professional detectorists... they will find their own and the coils will be paid for... but ordinary detectorists... I will have to spend a little money on new coils..
  everything is relative.....

I'm a big fan of additional detector coils... especially if they're reasonably priced..... and now you can guess which of these coils has already found some gold coins and which hasn't...

• Like 2

At least VLF's have plenty of competition, if it was anything like the lack of competition for PI type gold detectors the Manticore would be on offer for $8000.

• Like 2