Deus 2 Finds Me Jumbo Crotal Bell

relicmeister

IMG_6266.thumb.jpeg.69c702c50e2e9d710f4a0b0302d1a61e.jpegIMG_6268.thumb.jpeg.12bd0bb83b609523b1c0f1bb0b84b82a.jpegIMG_6266.thumb.jpeg.69c702c50e2e9d710f4a0b0302d1a61e.jpegWent to a new spot today in the region of an early 18th century farm house. Was running program 3 - Sens FT and 9” coil. First good target a screaming 84 was the tennis ball size crotal bell  shown below. I’ve been hoping to find another crotal bell and didn’t know they came in a jumbo version. Unfortunately, I think the horse stepped on it when it came loose and it’s got a crack and one side is mid-shaped, my pictures are of the best overall  direction. I used a wire brush wheel to clean it up to show the typical design. The clanger ball is still there and it sounds great when you jingle it. 
  Was very muddy so I didn’t stay very long, but long enough to find a flat button and a horseshoe. Definitely going back soon. 

IMG_6269.jpeg

Mongo!

Great find. I like finding those.

That is a absolute cracking find,very well done.

Appreciate the comments, Thanks 

According to the UK finds database regarding Crotal Bells, mine is consistent with late 1700’s design, having a sunburst pattern only on lower half.  

IMG_6273.thumb.jpeg.4b34ff8a1b41fbcbe2a0a7e9c2a7ba86.jpeg

Very nice.  Sounds like a great site that seems to have not been detected before.