Garrett Axiom Update In The Works

The Axiom and the Apex use the same updater program, and that document clearly describes the process for both. The update notes however are confusing as there is no way a VLF and a PI will share the same update. The actual Apex update has some of those items listed but not others, so maybe the others are for the Axiom?

Whatever. Personally I have little doubt there will be an Axiom update at some point, as Garrett has had the benefit of end user feedback and more time for the engineers to tweak and twiddle.

On 9/28/2023 at 7:14 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I just spotted this on the new Garrett Direct website:

garrett-axiom-update.png

The Axiom is updateable via the same process that is used by the Garrett Apex.

The current firmware version is displayed for a split second when you first turn on the Axiom. The top ground balance number will show 01 and the bottom one 47. A blank position in the bar across the top in the final .2 part. The graphic below shows what I see when I turn my Axiom on. It is so fast you might have to do it repeatedly to take in all the info. If you so much as blink you will miss it. And just so nobody asks, I'm not involved in or testing any updates so can offer no clues as to what is in the works.

garrett-axiom-firmware-version-display.jpg

Ok question on updating when I boot my Axiom up i see the 1.47 but the second bar at the top is not blanked out so does that mean I need to update to have it running 1.47.2 then, or is that what the next update will be, but just has not been released yet.

I sure hope the updates for the Axiom are easier than the ones for the Nokta Legend were

3 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Ok question on updating when I boot my Axiom up i see the 1.47 but the second bar at the top is not blanked out so does that mean I need to update to have it running 1.47.2 then, or is that what the next update will be, but just has not been released yet.

I sure hope the updates for the Axiom are easier than the ones for the Nokta Legend were

I don't know exactly what the situation is with production models one way or the other. As far as I know all Axioms shipped with the latest firmware. I can't even swear to the blank position in the bar as meaning what I thought it meant. All I am 100% certain of is the 01.47 part of the boot up sequence. The rest about the .2 may have changed somehow since my late prototype model was produced. I guess it would be interesting if other Axiom owners booted up and see what theirs show.

3 minutes ago, RedDirtDan said:

For something to do - I downloaded the Updater software - and it recognises the firmware as 1.47.0 - this would be consistent with @Steve Herschbach version notations given I don't have the missing block on startup. But I don't think the software is updated properly for the Axiom yet because it's calling it an Apex.... 

image.thumb.png.5632992d15b061f9d69268b34dcbce72.png

I also downloaded the updater software but did not connect my Axiom though, I am going to just wait until some one says the update is there