Does Anyone What Kind Of Nugget This Is?

28 minutes ago, Jürgen Beyer said:

My fault wrong button pressed on keyboard

I can use my phone with it does that mean it's paramagnetic?

Guten Tag!  My Deutsch is a bit rusty, but I think there was an error in translation.  Instead of using my telephone with it I think the translator program meant to say you found out.  I also think you meant that as a statement rather than a question. Aren’t translators wonderful?

I am not finding any paramagnetic element which fits the data.  All the paramagnetic elements I checked are either too hard, to dense, too reactive with air or water, too light, or don’t occur naturally in the elemental state.  It is possible it has impurities, as elemental iron and iron (III) are paramagnetic.

Now, if you meant to say it is weakly magnetic rather than paramagnetic, then galena can be weakly magnetic due to iron ore impurities.

• Like 1

OK, that density changes the equation a bit. Checking…

Aluminum is paramagnetic and has a density of 2.7 g/cm3.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jürgen Beyer said:

So it's aluminium?

If you did the specific gravity test accurately then yes - it's almost certainly aluminum. Streak color matches too.

Probably some melted piece of some junk that got water tumbled/worn later. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I find aluminum "nuggets" all the time on fresh water beaches. People build a campfire on the beach and throw in beer cans, pulls tabs, etc. which melt into nuggets.