Last 9 Months Gold

cjc

On 10/11/2023 at 8:39 PM, Tony said:

Nice going Clive......I hope your Excalibur isn't feeling too neglected 😪

Summer on its way down here....I need to hit it hard 💪

HH

Tony

The fidelity of a machine like the Manti spoils you rotten.  It doesen't do everything but gives a bit more accuracy than the old Excal. Really it's the pulses that do the heavy lifting where there is competiton though.  Everyone wants this pushbutton detecting--there's an over reliance on tech that's a mistake.

Hope that you kill it this upcoming season. 

Regards clive

• Like 4

On 10/11/2023 at 10:18 PM, King-Of-Bling said:

That's it ? You must be busy writing too many books. Haha ! Nice quality. Not sure if I've ever seen a chain like that before. Very unique. 

very light-25 gr. -maybe you weren't watching the surface for one to float past...

cjc

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:31 AM, StarVatrex said:

Good job, that's a lot of hours. Congratulations.

Which one did you get the chain with?...

NOX big coil sounded like a scratchy nail.

cjc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cjc said:

Everyone wants this pushbutton detecting--there's an over reliance on tech that's a mistake.

As I reach for my 1989 Garrett XL500 pulse 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

Always Amazing and some big money!

This question may seem out of line (and I do think it would be a great chapter in one of your books) .. To find the treasure you find, to what extents and expenses do you go to .. find what you do. I really think to achieve the results you do, one must really step up and be aggressive at this hobby.

Example, 2008 to 2013 I did road trips and vacations every chance I had......2.5 hours to OC Md. I did ok with about 25 golds a year. I do have some great memories but I would say I was in the RED for sure (Accommodations, food, gas, W & T on my truck then equipment, etc), ....

2014 to 2021....In short... I did much better by spending a lot more cash to fill the treasure chest. Everything from a Jet ski, boat, drysuits, equipment, wear and tear on the vehicles, gas, repair bills... I love finding gold and it came with a higher price, I did make it out of the Red.

Maybe I should post the question to all.. I'm sure there are some great stories and experiences to be shared.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Always Amazing and some big money!

This question may seem out of line (and I do think it would be a great chapter in one of your books) .. To find the treasure you find, to what extents and expenses do you go to .. find what you do. I really think to achieve the results you do, one must really step up and be aggressive at this hobby.

Example, 2008 to 2013 I did road trips and vacations every chance I had......2.5 hours to OC Md. I did ok with about 25 golds a year. I do have some great memories but I would say I was in the RED for sure (Accommodations, food, gas, W & T on my truck then equipment, etc), ....

2014 to 2021....In short... I did much better by spending a lot more cash to fill the treasure chest. Everything from a Jet ski, boat, drysuits, equipment, wear and tear on the vehicles, gas, repair bills... 

Maybe I should post the question to all.. I'm sure there are some great stories and experiences to be shared.

Wear and Tear is right...!  Its true you gotta spend to make and buying and maintaining these detectors can be a real drag on what looks like a sweet load of finds.  Best line in any of my books (and the truest) is that "...I pack and mail a detector for service like most people sneeze..."  Achoo, Achoo--there go two--and a headphones...

Not to mention gas, travel, all of it.   

At the same time, when you compete with people who live next to the beach or are just determined top  pros, having the choice of several TYPES of machines that do different things is a must.  This lets me translate the experience I've gained in 45 years of swinging into versatile, focussed action in relation to what the conditons present.  The three major "pushes" are: depth accuracy and coverage.  Sometimes you need all three.  Sometimes it even works...cjc

(Here are a few "away kit" pictures, pre Manti)...If you want to operate at this level--prepare to spend a few bucks...😆IMG_4326.JPG

IMG_5009.JPG

ZZZ.jpg

IMG_4734.JPG

• Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 6:29 AM, Skull diver said:

The naked truth... Even a "professional" hunter cannot show today the old numbers.

A mix of better performing tools and competition, plus less loss of items, has lowered finds dramatically.Or at least that's my impression...😑

Its true, first year the NOX came out I cleaned up--then everyone else figured it out...this is why skill building is so important --to have an advantage over all those hunters whose only strategy is getting  there first.

cjc

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mike_Hillis said:

Looks like you got a few good diamonds in the mix, too.   That man's band with the three diamonds looks like it may have some additional value as well as the diamond ring in the foreground. 

Pretty nice haul. 

HH,

Mike

Ya, they  are decent rocks--I was told $1200 on the men's ring and the engagement is .75, an S1.  Im just glad  that for once they are real...lol.   Glad you are still at it Mike.

cjc

Get up at 1am......grab a coffee.....try and be in the water by 2am......swell and waves have been knocked flat by strong offshore winds....so strong that dry sand is blown 50 metres into the water......the feel of coarse sand and shells under my feet supercharges me......the Excal is finely tuned....I grip my steel sand scoop in eager anticipation........a few angry seagulls harmlessly dive bomb me......normal people are still in bed snoozing away.........the Excal jumps into life........the sand in my scoop melts away revealing another stainless steel ring.......I swear briefly....the gulls now decide to leave me alone........life is good.

• Like 3