Last 9 Months Gold

cjc

14 hours ago, Tony said:

Get up at 1am......grab a coffee.....try and be in the water by 2am......swell and waves have been knocked flat by strong offshore winds....so strong that dry sand is blown 50 metres into the water......the feel of coarse sand and shells under my feet supercharges me......the Excal is finely tuned....I grip my steel sand scoop in eager anticipation........a few angry seagulls harmlessly dive bomb me......normal people are still in bed snoozing away.........the Excal jumps into life........the sand in my scoop melts away revealing another stainless steel ring.......I swear briefly....the gulls now decide to leave me alone........life is good.

All so true! Even the seagulls attacking! First time and I've got my big rim hat on.."What's that fluttering sound?" Later when the daylight came I seen..

On 10/13/2023 at 8:16 AM, Skull diver said:

Right...In my area, the less gold I find, the harder I work and more competitors looking for  gold I find😀

My beaches too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 4:46 AM, cjc said:

Manti, NOX, Legend, Cuda, Impulse AQ...

cjc

IMG_5311X.jpg

Nice one Clive, any idea of the total weight? 

On 10/14/2023 at 4:31 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Always Amazing and some big money!

This question may seem out of line (and I do think it would be a great chapter in one of your books) .. To find the treasure you find, to what extents and expenses do you go to .. find what you do. I really think to achieve the results you do, one must really step up and be aggressive at this hobby.

Example, 2008 to 2013 I did road trips and vacations every chance I had......2.5 hours to OC Md. I did ok with about 25 golds a year. I do have some great memories but I would say I was in the RED for sure (Accommodations, food, gas, W & T on my truck then equipment, etc), ....

2014 to 2021....In short... I did much better by spending a lot more cash to fill the treasure chest. Everything from a Jet ski, boat, drysuits, equipment, wear and tear on the vehicles, gas, repair bills... I love finding gold and it came with a higher price, I did make it out of the Red.

Maybe I should post the question to all.. I'm sure there are some great stories and experiences to be shared.

That's it JB, when I started with my Eq600 I barely found a thing. Maybe 2 gold rings in over a year. Once I started to expand on pinpointers, wetsuits, better detectors, dive gear, spare/backup parts, better scoops/picks/shovels, fuel, research, etc. The finds got far better. I'm up to about 15k in expenses plus gas but I've made over 20k in sales with another 20k+ in scrap gold I haven't yet sold. Let alone relics and silver. Heck, I went out this week and made $3k in scrap gold. Would've have happened without all the research and accessories racked up over the years.