Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Overview And Initial Review Of The Accupoint Pinpointer

23 hours ago, Digalicious said:

I just realized that MFF said he has only been detecting for two years, and has 11 pinpointers.

I think MFF just dethroned Simon ?

Dig,

First step is to admit you have a problem.  I have a problem.  

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

The only thing I'm used to that the AccuPoint doesn't do is keep the flashlight on while the pointer is on, which all the others allow you to set up. A lot of times that's the only way I know to turn it off

F350,

I apologize if I misunderstand what your saying, but if you go into the settings and activate the flashlight, it will turn on when the Accupoiont is turned on and turn off when the Accupoint is turned off.  This setting should be saved until you change it.  

When I did in ground depth test comparisons, the FPulse and Quest were deeper as well.  The Accupoint and the XP were pretty much the same, unless I connected the MI6 to the D2 and cranked the sens to 50.  In that case, the MI6 was deeper.  Although when the MI6 wasn’t connected to the D2, the Accupoint seemed to hit a little harder than the MI6 at the edge of detection.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MFF18B said:

I apologize if I misunderstand what your saying, but if you go into the settings and activate the flashlight, it will turn on when the Accupoiont is turned on and turn off when the Accupoint is turned off.  This setting should be saved until you change it.  

? Well ya got me. ? Did that post later in the evening so I must have had a senior moment ?

My XP tests were with the pointer connected to the remote and sensitivity at 50 ? it did almost as good as the F-Pulse, I still don't know exactly why I don't like that thing. Maybe because it's not loud. ?

• Like 1

F350,

I agree, the FPulse and TekPoint are very deep, but they false sooo much that they are completely unusable for me.  I have a brand new TekPoint in the box that I cant use and its killing me.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MFF18B said:

F350,

I agree, the FPulse and TekPoint are very deep, but they false sooo much that they are completely unusable for me.  I have a brand new TekPoint in the box that I cant use and its killing me.  

Wait, wait, wait...

I had the Tek Point and loved the depth. I returned it, because nothing I did stopped the maddening falsing. I ended up concluding that it was defective. Now, I'm not so sure it was defective. Are these PI pinpointers well known for falsing?

My F-Pulse is a bit of a falser, however I find its connected to the Equinox or Manticore I'm using it with, if I have the F-Pulse turned on and close to the control pod when I do my noise cancel on the detector it limits the falsing the F-Pulse has.    Using it with a detector like the Gold Bug 2 for example, it rarely falses.

• Like 3

I ended up changing to different batteries, and a fellow sent me a different user manual that had a way to retune the FPulse.  I will say that since Ive done those two things, it seems to be usable now.  I dont know what or if either of those fixed the issue or both together…but it is more usable now.

I took the accupoint out yesterday for the first time. I was very happy with the way it performed. I really appreciate the reviews from the ones that got to try them out. It was there positive feedback that helped me decide to preorder mine.  
  I also want to thank Nokta for giving us a pin pointer that pairs with our headphones plus extra features that make it a very cool pin pointer. The TRX I've used for years but I'm happy to say it's getting replaced by my Accupoint!!??

• Like 2