Overview And Initial Review Of The Accupoint Pinpointer

3 hours ago, My Little Bleeper said:

"I guess my only lingering question is whether there is high variability in sensitivity unit-to-unit with the Accupoint based on the myriad of perspectives here and elsewhere on Accupoint sensitivity." 

I think this may be the case. I had to warranty the accupoint that came with my pro pack and, although I never checked with a ruler, I noticed the replacement seemed to be less sensitive than the original one, which isn't a bad thing honestly, as level 6 on the first one was too sensitive, so I settled on level 5. 

Same experience for me. I had my original one replaced under warranty as it was considered “super sensitive “.... just falsing off in the air all the time. The replacement Accupoint works a treat and runs fine at the default sensitivity of 7 in my soil.

I like the sound it produces via it’s own speaker, but for some reason the audio when paired to my Legend headphones sounds distorted. It maybe the headphones themselves, so I will need to find some other suitable BT ‘phones to confirm this.

• Like 1

I'll add an anecdote:

I was out hunting today and got a 93 in a gravel driveway at a long gone farmhouse. First I used the MI-6 at sensitivity 50, and heard a clear mid tone as I moved it over the target. I happened to have my Accupoint with me, so I turned it on, verified its sensitivity at 9, and moved it over the target. Nothing. I found the exact spot with the MI-6, and placed the tip of the Accupoint in the same spot. Still nothing.

20231208_125840.thumb.jpg.8fb7d64b97c3db7cd7312bd18f735b66.jpg

The hole I dug the 1973 quarter in was no more than 6cm deep. The quarter was probably at about 4cm.  That's about 2.5 inches on a quarter!

I was kinda disappointed. 🤔

We all like our investments to be sound, I get it, but I don't think the video covered a real situation, and we don't know the variables. In the video we have no idea what setting the MI-6 was on. I can tell you plainly the Accupoint does not even come close to the MI-6, and its sensitivity to iron is iffy at best until it is in the right position to the object.

I'm also kinda not a fan of the procedure to turn the Accupoint off, I guess I'll learn it over time, but I prefer a full press and hold like almost all the others. I'll probably be bringing the Quest with me more when relic hunting, but usually I don't need disc to determine if the target is iron.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bootscrape said:

Same experience for me. I had my original one replaced under warranty as it was considered “super sensitive “.... just falsing off in the air all the time. The replacement Accupoint works a treat and runs fine at the default sensitivity of 7 in my soil.

I like the sound it produces via it’s own speaker, but for some reason the audio when paired to my Legend headphones sounds distorted. It maybe the headphones themselves, so I will need to find some other suitable BT ‘phones to confirm this.

Interesting....mine also falsed a bunch in the air, but I just assumed it was a little more sensitive to emi or something (even though my MI4 was operating normally) and thought I would test it a bit more. I never got the chance before Nokta emailed me back about my warranty issue (small yellow piece of plastic stuck under the screen) and asked me to send it back. I’m glad I warrantied mine since your accupoint experience makes me think mine had also been defective in the same way. 

I have the Nokta headphones but haven't paired my pinpointer yet, so I’m not sure what it sounds like going through them. I'll get back to you if I notice anything similar to what you describe when I’m out next. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 10:34 PM, phrunt said:

Thanks for all of the information, based upon what I've read I'll give it a miss, it's hard to top the Sphinx.

When you find out that he is suddenly losing sensitivity in the “which no one else has!” (does not indicate ferrous metal and identifies non-ferrous), then you will understand how right you were.

The information needs to be verified, but I heard this opinion