Nokta Legend Insect Pin And Seated Dime Finds

Nice finds Jeff! Seated coins are always a welcome sight no matter the condition when they come to light, and the pin is special.There is no doubt that more is to be discovered at that site....Good luck!

• Like 3

Neat finds.

• Like 1

Great seated. I love the pin.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

I love old unique relics like that insect pin. I'm surprised that ladies wore those types of pins. Then again, look at what the ladies wore for fashion back then. So I take it back....no surprise lol.

victorian bird hat | Antique-Victorian-Edwardian-Large-Real-Taxidermy-Bird-Millinery-Hat ...

I'll bet that smelled real nice!😩

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The brass insect pin with its double C shaped post and pin is correct for this site's 1860s to 1920s age.

That pin is almost 2 inches in length and made in France for here in the states. Those brass ones were made from 1880 to around 1905, then they changed to another material at a higher price. The high quality ones that were made for Europe were made of gold or glass with some type of stone.

The brass ones were often painted the same colors as the insect would be, and the cost of them were around 60 cents. They were high quality and there were many of them sold.

There are parts of it missing that may have some stones on them.

I hope this helps.

Great hunt and I would be hitting that place again as it could have been from a jewelry box.

• Like 3

Great finds, Jeff, well done and congrats on the Seated Dime! That insect pin is an odd find for sure. It's funny what the ladies thought was all the rage back in the day, of course I'm sure they'd say the same for the modern folks. 😉

• Like 2