Gary Shows You How To Say Goodbye To Emi!

CPT_GhostLight

I'll just leave this here... 🙄

Thanks, Geotech.

I'm a relative noob myself, but this forum is loaded with so much experience I just expound wild theories and get my butt kicked. 🤣 It's all good.

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

He even wrote the book on it 😛

carlmorelandinsidethemetaldetector1.thumb.jpg.d8ba63df5f3ea7d25ce70060530e4778.jpg

Yep.  I own it and read it.  When Carl (Geotech) pops in here to share his technical wisdom on detectors, I just read and absorb the nuggets and thank him for sharing.  He's forgotten more than I'll ever know. As a trained engineer I can somewhat understand and explain the technical concepts but I am not a designer like Carl who can make these concepts come alive in your hands.

10 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yep.  I own it and read it.  When Carl (Geotech) pops in here to share his technical wisdom on detectors, I just read and absorb the nuggets and thank him for sharing.  He's forgotten more than I'll ever know. As a trained engineer I can somewhat understand and explain the technical concepts but I am not a designer like Carl who can make these concepts come alive in your hands.

I spent far too many years on another MD forum hoping to get that sort of information.  The one person that was in that group that gave good information left it some time ago.  I'm glad that I recently discovered this group.  Looking forward to some more in-depth learning!

2 hours ago, iron_buzz said:

I spent far too many years on another MD forum hoping to get that sort of information.  The one person that was in that group that gave good information left it some time ago.  I'm glad that I recently discovered this group.  Looking forward to some more in-depth learning!

Maybe they ended up over here.  😉

3 hours ago, iron_buzz said:

That's why I joined this forum.

I still participate in another forum, but not so much anymore. I rarely even read or post on the Facebook detecting pages anymore. The other forum mainly seems to be about finds. I wanted a forum that is mainly based in technical aspects of metal detectors, and when it comes to that, this forum delivers 🙂

That's a big "Me Too!"

I really enjoy seeing all the wonderful stuff detectorists find, but in my quest for detecting and detector knowledge I found the DP forum and quickly discovered that when you jump into such a huge pool of real knowledge, you can't help but soak some of that in. Big Thanks to @Steve Herschbach for creating this place and to all the fine folks who inhabit it!