Finally, Aptx-ll Bone Conduction Headphones For Equinox

F350Platinum

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

You don't need to factory reset the 800 if you don't intend to use the ML80's again. 

I never had ML 80s, so I always do a reset, just to clear the pairing log. 

Chase is probably right. 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I never had ML 80s, so I always do a reset, just to clear the pairing log. 

Chase is probably right. 👍

Holding down the radio button for 2 seconds clears the pairing log so you don't have to erase any custom programming just to pair another set of phones, but a Nox factory reset also gets the job done and is not a big deal for most folks because there is only one custom user profile slot and re-customizing preferred user settings not a big deal on the Nox.  Both methods are described in the Nox user manual.

• Like 1

So, Chase and F-350. I bought the bone-conductors. Within seconds they paired up to the Legend. They work great but could be a little louder. Funny thing, I tried to pair them to my 800. I do as Chase suggested using the Bluetooth button. I hold it in till I hear the bee-boop then wait another 15 seconds  for it to go into pairing mode. Anyway in about 30 sec.or so the headphone icon shows connected on the screen but the bone-conductors are still flashing red/blue. I wave a coin over the coil and I hear the familiar penny signal coming from the other room. The 800 paired to the sound bar on my TV. Haha. I had that happen once before, back in the spring of 2018 I was standing on a sidewalk in front of the house I was about to hunt but couldn't seem to pair the ML80s. As the coil moved I could hear a signal coming from inside the house. Probably on that guys home theatre. I remember thinking strange, also remember the manual stating the 800 you could connect up to 4 Bluetooth device's at once, (An option not available on the 900) so why didn't my ML80s pair also. Meant to look into that, never did. Forgot about it till this recent episode. Another thing, not sure how well this is known but if, once you have a device paired to the 800, you shut them down first (headphones/earbuds ) then the 800, reverse the procedure for starting up, headphones first the headphones will pair up right away. Contrary to how the manual states if I remember correctly. Seems you had to fiddle around doing it that way. Anyway thanks for the tip on the bone-conductors  F-350 and good luck to you and Chase. You guys are tearing it up down there. Mark

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markinswpa said:

I remember thinking strange, also remember the manual stating the 800 you could connect up to 4 Bluetooth device's at once, (An option not available on the 900) so why didn't my ML80s pair also.

Mark - The Nox can only pair to 4 WM-08's simultaneously (Minelab's proprietary wireless protocol devices) not to 4 Bluetooth devices.  You can only pair to one BT device at a time.  That's why you need to do the radio reset thing to clear any other BT device it has memorized.  Since Nox also can only pair one BT device at a time that's why you also need to make sure that no other BT device is in handshaking/pairing range while it is searching for a BT device or the Nox might pair to that device before pairing with your desired BT device, as you discovered.  👍

• Like 1

People on this forum are awesome!  Really.  Thanks so much to both of you.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DigInTheSand said:

People on this forum are awesome!  Really.  Thanks so much to both of you.

Let us know how it worked out! 🙂

IT WORKED!  I tried both ways and ended up resetting the factory preset.  THANK U.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DigInTheSand said:

IT WORKED!  I tried both ways and ended up resetting the factory preset.  THANK U.

I really like those headphones, they are incredibly loud if you want them to be, and I used them all summer hunting beaches.

I wish they would pair with my Deus 2, but I like the XP backphones that come with it as well because they don't go over my head. They are "on ear" too.

• Like 1