Minelab Price Increase?

TripleT

Just watched a Minelab Australia video saying across the board price increase of approximately %25 for all metal detectors.  Manticore is listed in Aussie dollars, same as Canuck dollars as $2199.  New price January 1st. $2699...

This was brought up  couple weeks ago, but so far no mention yet from any U.S. dealers of a price increase. Usually that would be part of the sales pitch (buy one now before the price goes up) so it makes me wonder if it will be as severe in the U.S. A 15-20% boost across the board is one heck of a price increase. It will be interesting to see if it boosts Minelab profits or reduces sales so much that it adds nothing to the bottom line.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:09 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

It will be interesting to see if it boosts Minelab profits or reduces sales so much that it adds nothing to the bottom line.

I'm thinking it will be option #2 Steve! Minelab pricing for the most part is already on the upper end of comparable equipment from competitors... if they wanted to give someone a very good reason to look elsewhere for equipment (looking at you Deus & Nokta!) then this rumored hefty price increase might just be the excuse to do it! I really have an incredibly hard time understanding why Codan / Minelab does anything the way they do... from outward appearances it simply seems to be a horrific way to run a company! They seem to have a good group of product engineers and developers but downstream from there it goes seriously sideways with that company!

You know, I was thinking.

If they release an update before Christmas that solves all issues it has... Make it out perform Deus II where the Deus shines, and have a new button function that pulls the  target out of the dirt for you.

I might be able to put my nose back in joint, before Christmas 🤪