Entering Into The "abyss"

On 1/4/2024 at 5:52 PM, ysabxe said:

Reminds Golden Mask 3+, Nexus Credo... VCO mode. 5 kHz silver, cooper, bigger targets nothing new

Must admit i totally agree with you,both of my Nexus machines can do basically the same because they run in the 5-6khz range as well and with the option of much bigger coils into the bargain.....my slightly older Nexus Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil gives amazing depth on bigger targets as does my MP and as you have mentioned the lower Khz is also great for silver hammered and copper coinage.

It will be very interesting to see how this 'Abyss' works as a Artefact/Hoard Hunter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kac said:

Get the machine in yet?

Yes. Will get it out to the field when conditions improve. In semi-automatic with disc. adjustments, you can find small targets at very nice depth. Slow sweep is the key to get the perfect high pitch you will want to dig. The coil is slightly heavy, but the balance is ok for me. Extreme depth on my Civil War Brass buckles. More settings to explore.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RickUK said:

Must admit i totally agree with you,both of my Nexus machines can do basically the same because they run in the 5-6khz range as well and with the option of much bigger coils into the bargain.....my slightly older Nexus Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil gives amazing depth on bigger targets as does my MP and as you have mentioned the lower Khz is also great for silver hammered and copper coinage.

It will be very interesting to see how this 'Abyss' works as a Artefact/Hoard Hunter.

I  have the Golden Mask 3+ and it can't compete with the Abyss as I continue to test.

• Like 3

How is it on small silvers like a trime or half dime?

7 hours ago, kac said:

How is it on small silvers like a trime or half dime?

Will detect them in all modes. Semi-automatic about 6". All metal a few inches more. I still have not finished my testing and learning. Some of my test silvers.

old silvers.jpg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, George Kinsey said:

Will detect them in all modes. Semi-automatic about 6". All metal a few inches more. I still have not finished my testing and learning. Some of my test silvers.

old silvers.jpg

A couple more of my test coins. If you can find these, you're doing it right.

28167709_584846011875598_5930760468802351114_n.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Geroge, what kind of coin is the tiny one that is smaller than a trime?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigSkyGuy said:

Hey Geroge, what kind of coin is the tiny one that is smaller than a trime?

1/4 Spanish Reale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2024 at 3:53 AM, RickUK said:

It will be an excellent hoard hunter Rick. Cheers. George