Double 10k Day

Dan(NM)

It was a beautiful day, sunny and in the mid 60's here in Central Texas. I got all my running around done for the day so I headed to a place I call Lead Lake. So far this year, I've dug over 70lbs of lead from here. I went out yesterday and gave up after 3 hrs with 3 coins and a pouch full of sinkers. Today turned out to be a rewarding hunt. Within the first hour, I had 2 rings, both I thought were junkers. The little one hit at 82 on the Deus 2 and the one with the stone read 49, which is gold range. It was stained so bad I couldn't see any marking inside the band.

About 30 minutes later I get a solid 60, which out here, is either a pulltab, nickel or lead. I was very surprised to see the small nugget ring pop out. The top part of the ring had some dark staining on it just like the ring with the stone. I grab my magnifying glass and sure enough, 10K :) I hunted a few more minutes and decided to call it a day. I was more than satisfied with my results for such a short hunt.

I inspected both rings when I got home and still could not see any marking on the larger ring. I threw all the rings in my tumbler to clean them up. After supper, I go out to check on the progress and was met with a very nice surprise, 2 pieces of goldness in the tumbler ;) I grabbed my loupe and sure enough, 10K. I ended up with 4.5 grams of 10K between the 2.

IMG_20231218_150108205_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20231218_150202848_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20231218_145820477_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20231218_143807224_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231218_175422027~2.jpg

IMG_20231218_175436734~2.jpg

IMG_20231218_175604879~2.jpg

Congrats Dan! Nice to get some shiny digging all that lead. Persistence pays off. 👍

5 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Congrats Dan! Nice to get some shiny digging all that lead. Persistence pays off. 👍

Thanks! It definitely takes away some of the aggravation :)

Nice ring finds.

2 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

The little one hit at 82 on the Deus 2 and the one with the stone read 49, which is gold range. It was stained so bad I couldn't see any marking inside the band.

Outstanding Dan!!!!  But just so you know......82 is the gold range for rings too!!!😎

That's a really cool gold nugget type ring.

Lead is selling for a big price these days if you can find a yard that will take it.  Just drop in the gold so they give you a little better price.

Congrats Dan!
Holy.. that's a sh!tload of sinkers 😵
They sound too good to pass them by and I can totally understand, why they want to ban them in europe.

Great hunting and taking the time to dig everything up. I like the amethyst ring, it looks to be a good quality  stone.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.