Detecting In The Rain.. Glad I Did

Rain in California is always a good thing, but is it when you plan on hitting your favorite detecting spots. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday called for 80% rain and I had plans...so I found a window where it didn't pour..and started swinging. First swing in a spot I been to perhaps 10 times..and I get a nice 77 on vdi...didn't know what to expect and out pops this nice 1839 silver dime. If this dime can just tell us it's trek west during the gold rush years of 1848 and 1849. You can imagine but I was thrilled,  first swing,  first target..and a 184 year old silver dime. My second unusual find was also my first branding iron find. Total surprise by it, and struggled to pick which was my favorite, the dime or the branding iron. At this moment they come out even and the stories these two could tell. Third interesting find I am not to sure what it is, perhaps one of our forum members could fanthom a guess.

20231220_141328.jpg

20231220_141343.jpg

20231220_134141.jpg

IMG_20231220_154104_590.jpg

Great finds and a nice branding iron just don't try using it on anyone. Just kidding.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Love that dime! That would be my favorite, but I am partial to coins…

Awesome finds - congrats!!!

That's a great coin.However my favorite would be the iron on any day.

• The title was changed to Detecting In The Rain.. Glad I Did

Great finds LMPD, 😀

I often wonder what I'm missing out there when I pass on a big iron target, but the ax head Chase showed me yesterday that I can do without carrying an ax head on a long hunt.

I'm sure lots of iron fans will disagree 😅 I apologize in advance. 😬

Beautiful seated, it kills me to see the condition West Coast finds are often in. 😏 That's one heck of a dime! Here they're extremely worn or black or both.